06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok here we go. So I decided today to change it up a bit and start my trunk layout. So I cleaned out the trunk, except the spare!

DSC03569.jpg

Got the foam out

DSC03570.jpg

First I wanted to get the base of the floor laid out. Gotta do three pieces, a middle piece, and the two outter pieces. I used a piece I got from someone else as a template and added to it to make a full floor piece.

DSC03571.jpg

DSC03572.jpg

DSC03573.jpg

Set it on the foam, and traced it out.

DSC03574.jpg

DSC03575.jpg

Floor center done!

DSC03576.jpg

Used some cardboard to make a template for the side pieces.

DSC03577.jpg

DSC03578.jpg

DSC03580.jpg

DSC03581.jpg

Next it was time for the component wall! The hole in the center is for the pass through for the arm rest on the back seat. I'll cut that out of the back seat another day.

DSC03582.jpg

DSC03583.jpg

DSC03584.jpg

Laid out the cubbies for the components.

DSC03585.jpg

I used those cut outs as the back wall of the cubby and made some one inch walls. The total depth will be about an inch. Actually I'll most likely make it more like 2 inches. I'll decide that later.

DSC03586.jpg

I started out using hot glue but it got too hot and just melted the foam. So I switched to duct tape. DUCT TAPE FTMFW!!

DSC03587.jpg

DSC03588.jpg

Taped it to the back of the board. Put it in place.

DSC03589.jpg

DSC03590.jpg

Front view. The components I'm talking about are the following.

Left cubby (passenger side)

Barrier strips

Fuse block for all components, but not amps

relays

Right cubby (driver side)

Pioneer Bluetooth Module

Pioneer HD Tuner Module

DSC03591.jpg

So that's it. That's all I got done tonight. Next up with this will be to make the foam pieces into wood. I'll go ahead and start with the board cause that's what's going in first. The sub box I'm just going to go with my original plan of rear facing and then do the pass through to the trunk. I'll leave it at that and cross my fingers. Maybe Ill do the component board, get it installed and make a temporary box and see if it sounds ok first but that'll be another day regardless.

Next update should be tomorrow. I should have my brackets and I can get my sway bar fixed and finished.

Till next time! Thanks for tuning in!

Thank you. I have to plan it out. I have so much gear going into this thing, I thought using the foam board was the cheapest way to go about mocking things up. So why not. Using the correct thicknesses, allows me to take the mock up pieces and use them as templates when I make things out of real wood. Now I have to decide what to use. MDF or Ply for everything but the box. I may use ply. Save some weight.

Ya its definitely gonna be heavy with mdf but either way i think its gonna turn out good. And i know what you mean about planning stuff out, ive literally been driving with no carpet no door panels and only the driver seat in my truck for the last 3 weeks because i have so much to put in. What else do you have planned for the car besides the stereo, anything?

Yea that's the other thing. It's my daily driver so I have to figure and plan how to keep it fully functional and build it at the same time.

Besides stereo. Well I've done most of the performance mods I'm going to do. I've got a few things still I want to do. I'm going to re upholster the interior, probably in suede. I want to do Carbon Fiber Vinyl on the trunk, roof, and hood to go with the flat black theme. As far as big purchases or plans. I've got two major ones I want to do that are going to be a while before they happen. First up, I want a Flash Pro which will boost and tune my car through the ECU. Second and probably furthest off, I want air bags. I want a nice softer ride and the "wow" factor of bags. But that's a crazy expense and right now I'm just researching that one. I'll probably have to somewhat rebuild my trunk when that comes along. But I'm not gonna plan the build for it at this point. It'll hold me up too much.

That's about it really. Some other little things here and there, but right now my main things are getting the Head light projectors in and running, fog lights, and getting this audio system off the ground and running!

Stay tuned, it's gonna get wild here pretty soon!

So after laying in bed last night thinking about the component board, I'm gonna have to change it. Reason being, when the sub box is in, and the amp rack is in, on the floor, I'm going to have to pull all that out in order to wire anything or if I have any issues or to trouble shoot. I don't want to have to worry about that. SO, I'm going to try to figure out a way to make it so it will fold forward, kind of like the rear seat. I think all I'll need to do is make a frame for it and then get some sort of pin hinge for it. I think that should do it. Then it can simply fold forward, I'll have access to the back of it, and then all the wires that will pass under the sub box to the amp rack as well.

Not sure any of that makes sense to anyone but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

I have a half day today at work, so I'll be off in about 3 hours. Gotta go get my kids from daycare and hopefully the brackets will be ready for pick up. Then I'll get some more work done. Till then. Thanks for tuning in!

Archived