06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

Ok so here's my final decision. I'm going to do the single 12" sub in the 4th order box. I'd like to do a vent or port through the seat pass through, but if not, I'll be happy to do a single or dual port through the rear deck. I'm hearing a 2:1 ratio, 2 being ported and 1 being sealed, but I need to figure out a port at about 45 hz. I'm guessing based on what I've seen and been told, I'm going to be doing a .8 cu ft sealed, and about a 1.5 - 1.75 cu ft ported. So, with that said, can someone please help me with the port? Thanks! Once this is done, I can figure out if I need to change the sliding rack or not.

My preference is to do the sub like the picture I showed, motor down, and cone up, but if it will help, since there's more space in the ported section, I could probably do motor up and face down and make the ported section on the bottom. Or I could just go the other way and do it motor facing the rear of the car and cone to the front and the front being the ported section to utilize the pass through with the port.

Lookin for some help here, please.

Sigh. I don't know. I'm so confused! Bout to go back to a sealed enclosure and call it good! This is frustrating!

LMAO this build is like a sitcom there is some romance a little comedy and the occasional bit of drama. I swear everytime you tackle one obstacle there is another one waiting around the corner. On a serious note need I say it...should I?...Sealed Enclosures FTMFW life is so much easier with sealed enclosures when you're limited on space and room but Scooter this is your motivation talking you can't quit because that box idea you had was fudgin awesome so let's figure it out. If anyone can do it I figure you can considering the creations you have devised with this build. :drinks:

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Scooter u made up my mind to do ported! Im having a hella hard time too! now port that bitch (: lol.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Looks Great man!! And good job :D haha winners never quit and quitters never win.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Archived