06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

Yeah what he said oh and life is like a box of chocolate the early bird gets the worm can't turn a hoe into a shovel...wait is that how that goes? Whatever still tuned and that ish looks clean how does it ride thinking about 17's for my christmas gift to my civic

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Really starting to get the hang of this sketch up thing!

Ok so here's what I've got. According to Torress

Sealed:

Sealed.png

Ported:

Ported.png

So then I got to sketching up. Here's the box I made:

SingleSubBoxWithPortHolesFront.jpg

SingleSubBoxWithPortHolesRear.jpg

So the way I was thinking of doing the ports is, as you can see, they come out of the sides, then I can go under the component rack and up the middle. I'll have to alter the rack a bit, and take out the middle portion but not a big deal. Then I can come up with both, and finish it off with a nice trim panel that closes up the pass through, then round off the edges. That will put the ports through the pass through and into the cabin.

Then I got to thinking about an amp rack, and figured out that the amps are almost 18" long and I've only got 14 1/2" to work with. So I got a bit creative! Here are those!

SingleSubBoxWithAmpRacks.jpg

SingleSubBoxWithAmpRacksRightSide.jpg

SingleSubBoxWithAmpRacksLeftSide.jpg

SingleSubBoxWithAmpRacksRear.jpg

Both the LRx 1.1k and the LRx 2.9 are the same exact measurements. With it this way I can't really flush mount them, but I'll do some kind of panel to hide them all over the front of everything, or maybe I won't, I'll have to think about it.

So there are my ideas! That was kinda fun and kind of frustrating at the same time. I'm interested to see if the box would sound decent or not. The sealed portion seems a bit small to me. Measures out to .71 cu ft, and the ported at around 1.23 cu ft. The sub motor would be in the ported portion while the cone in the sealed.

So that's what I've got! Go ahead flame away! :peepwall:

Yeah what he said oh and life is like a box of chocolate the early bird gets the worm can't turn a hoe into a shovel...wait is that how that goes? Whatever still tuned and that ish looks clean how does it ride thinking about 17's for my christmas gift to my civic

I have 18's on buddy club coilovers and I love the ride. It's completely adjustable. Thanks for the compliment!

Dude that looks damn amazing. Ur so good at everything! pisses me off! lol jkjk but for real. you kick ass.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

I'm running falken tires on mine. GREAT tires for the price. As far as the box goes, I think you're setting yourself up for success by going with a 4th order. I'm willing to bet it'll be louder than your infinite baffle setup even with one 12. Build it up!

EDIT:

On a side note, I'd approach your box a little differently. Since you're on the edge about the whole thing... Whether it'll work, whether it'll sound good, etc.... I'd ditch the plexi and go for the basics. I understand how critical you are of making everything perfect and striving to achieve all your goals on the first time around.

The way I look at it, you've set a great foundation with your equipment, the layout of the 4 channels, the beauty panels, etc. What I'm really trying to get at is build this box, keep it simple, and test it out. Forget the finish (Upholstery, covering, etc), the plexi, etc. Focus on the craftsmanship and design of the box. Once you've reached your goals, have a badass box that meets all your standards and then some, then make it perfect, add the plexi, paint, and final touches to finish it out.

It may not be the same for everyone else, but for me, wrapping everything and making everything look great takes more time than actually constructing the pieces (Or box in this case). So say you have 8 hours into your 4th order, which is unfinished but well constructed, and you don't like it. You've got $60 into materials, hardly any time, and throwing it out won't even phase you. The story might be a little different for something you've invested 30 or 40 hours into and have $500 in. There's very few times where my research has taught me more than my first hand trial and error.

You've spent so much time sketching things up, over thinking it, and researching it, and playing with designs in your head that you could have already built a few boxes and answered your questions. Don't take that as a bad thing, I'm just trying to point out that I think you should focus on one thing at a time.

Good luck man!

Where is the teardrop emoticon when you need it that was both motivational with a little bit of get your shit together, I usually don't read posts that long but he made some points lol. To answer your question scooter I would honestly go two sealed in a really well designed still cool looking box or hell build the one you have and post your findings.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Archived