Second Skin Audio

Horn Boxes?

Bakerman

Okay, so I searched "horn box" on the search bar, and it turned up every post with either of the two words in it...do you know how many threads contain the word "box"? Anyways, to my point. I seen an oddly designed box that the maker called a "horn box". It looked like a normal ported box, but the slot port was slanted on one side. Does anyone know the pro's of doing a box like this, or even how to tune a box like this?

mivtCK.png

I just tried searching for only "horn" in the subs/enclosures forum. It narrows it quite down, and you should be able to find a lot of info on them.

Patiently waiting until 2016...the year in which I likely get to 300 posts... In which then, and only then, will I finally be able to get me some more decaf...

Think it has the same effects as a fourth order, hits all the notes in it's specific range pretty evenly. I believe Korey knows a little about these. I had a compression horn box with a Stroker 12" on a kicker kx1200 and really enjoyed it. Not sure who designed it though, I bought the whole setup from my uncle.

:rofl:

:wub: N8.

No homo...unless you want there to be. :orly3::ehh:

Archived