Second Skin Audio

Question For Steve

yo steve i have a customer that wants a custom box for 2 mtx 9500 15's but i have a question about the box volume the manual says each chamber needs to be 2.49 cubes and my first thought was thats hella small for a BIG ass woofer anyway i know that you have built a box for several of these b4 so i thought i would ask for your help i was thinking about 3.5-4.0 cubes per driver tuned to about 32hz im gonna build the box crx style and its goin in a burb like mine so any advice you could give me would be very helpful

the mtx 9500 doesn't requirement as much airspace as most subs do. if the manual calls for 2.49 cuft then i'd build each chamber at least around 3.2 cuft cause you'll have to subtract the port and speaker displacment and that should bring you back down to around 2.49 or so. good luck bro.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

man its just really buggin me that it says Net Internal Volume: 2.48 ft³............ after displacement its even less :excl:http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/subwo...ta_T9515-44.pdf

well i was researching the 9500s when they came out in 2004 and the whole point was for MTX was to make a sub that would hold a lot of power but yet in a small enclosure. i would build each chamber to 3.25 for the 15s cause with a smaller box you'd get a more punchier bass.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

man its just really buggin me that it says Net Internal Volume: 2.48 ft³............ after displacement its even less :excl:http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/subwo...ta_T9515-44.pdf

i wud use bass box pro or term pro to experement on which enclosure would get the bess performance

bass box pro 6 works for me :) cuz a dude did his box for a mtx 5510 to mtx specs and wen i did ova his enclosure he was like

"dat iz nuh my 10" lol. hope this info helps u

well i decided to go with the MTX box design cuz i gotta get this guys burb outta my bay its gonna be rainin here for the next two or three dayz and i only have 1 install bay for audio and with 4 other installs to have done by friday i dont have time to waste

well i decided to go with the MTX box design cuz i gotta get this guys burb outta my bay its gonna be rainin here for the next two or three dayz and i only have 1 install bay for audio and with 4 other installs to have done by friday i dont have time to waste

bro when i type in the dimensions of mtx specs in bass box pro im getting = a net vol of 3.944 cubic ft, box vol = 3.456 cubic ft, port tuned to 30.55hz. mtx recommend a 2'' port :blink: 15'' are 3'' port for d least, not so? with that specs im gettin 121db at 50hz peak.

i jus did a quick mod 2 the enclosure Net vol of 5.832, Box Vol of 5, Vent= H 16 x W 3 x D 17 (port it tuned to 35.5hz) and im getting 124db at 50hz peak.

i not to sure if u could get more out of it i dont hav time at this moment, but u can see thats an increase of 3db :)

its all up 2 u. but they say in a smaller enclosure u can put more power 2 the sub

personally i tink mtx specs is good i jus dont like d idea of a 2'' port

if i were u i wud use mtx specs, recalculate a 3'' port at 30.55hz an use it instead of d 2'' port :)

hope this help..oh yea i calculated for a T9515-44 at 2ohm

Edited by Fi_all_d_way

• 3 years later...

bro when i type in the dimensions of mtx specs in bass box pro im getting = a net vol of 3.944 cubic ft, box vol = 3.456 cubic ft, port tuned to 30.55hz. mtx recommend a 2'' port blink.gif 15'' are 3'' port for d least, not so? with that specs im gettin 121db at 50hz peak.

i jus did a quick mod 2 the enclosure Net vol of 5.832, Box Vol of 5, Vent= H 16 x W 3 x D 17 (port it tuned to 35.5hz) and im getting 124db at 50hz peak.

i not to sure if u could get more out of it i dont hav time at this moment, but u can see thats an increase of 3db smile.gif

its all up 2 u. but they say in a smaller enclosure u can put more power 2 the sub

personally i tink mtx specs is good i jus dont like d idea of a 2'' port

if i were u i wud use mtx specs, recalculate a 3'' port at 30.55hz an use it instead of d 2'' port smile.gif

hope this help..oh yea i calculated for a T9515-44 at 2ohm

Man, i have one of these subs , and that is impressive a 3db gain is like doubling power . . .i shoud try that software . . .cause i allways wanted more bass out of my mtx t9515-44 Edited by CaptainPooPyPantz

Headunit - Pioneer AVH-P4250 DVD

4 - infinity reference 6.5

a pair of infinity reference tweeters

1 - AudioQue AQ-120.4 amplifier for mids & highs

1 - AudioQue AQ-2200D Monoblock

1 - AudioQue HDC315

KitAudio kerf ported Enclosure

4 - Stinger pro series signal wires

20ft Stinger 1/0Ga power & Ground wires

Big Three Upgrade

1 - Kinetik HC1800 (Not Here yet . .Still Saving up for one)