Sundown Audio

cliping

draper

clip lights are never accurate.. unplug the knob and turn it to 18 and see if you still have the issue...

more than likely, your gains are not set right...

you could be clipping before that

he is getting audible clipping... how would unplugging the knob with the light on it make the clipping go away? especially if he could be clipping before the light comes on?

he said it sounds all fucked up... bassknobs have been known to send fucked up signals...

not that its clipping

ive had a bassknob fuck up any kind of music after a certain point, it was almost like 1 full note, that played constantly, and it was a faulty knob...

but you know, im sure thats not the problem...

edit

I can be on volume 17 and everything is normal (playing 40 hz) and then when i turn it up to 18 the clipping indicator blinks and it sounds like a broken up note instead of one constant one. Was wondering if anybody knows what this would be.

didnt realize clipping fucks up the music to completely change the way the music is played.....i know what distortion sounds like, i know what clipping sounds like...

that sounds like a fucked up signal getting sent to the subs, not a square wave....

but what do I know.. its only happened to me a few times on a few lower end amps....

Edited by Team_DC-Derrick

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

hmm, ive never seen a bass knob do that before. i wasnt trying to say you were wrong, but you didnt explain the rest of it and all i saw was a contradiction.

i still think its clipping like normal.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

hmm, ive never seen a bass knob do that before. i wasnt trying to say you were wrong, but you didnt explain the rest of it and all i saw was a contradiction.

i still think its clipping like normal.

it generally happens when you get a cut in the line, like it will be able to send a full signal at lower voltages, but at higher, it starts to cut out and back on, and it makes the subs go *WTF WHERE IS THIS SHIT COMING FROM* kinda deal, and they just do what they want and not play at the beat of the music LOL

its why i was asking just to unplug it :)

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

lol, i gotcha.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.