Second Skin Audio

Port Calculator ?

I've almost got everything figured out for my second box build, but I have a ? about calculating a square port (Basically same box as steve, lil smaller for 2 15's, but the ? is there is a box on the minimum usable vent section that says length of a side for a square vent. Is that # the minimum length because the others say minimum diameter & minimum area, just dont want to screw this up,

In case ur wonderin why Im building another box a week later than my last is my first one is 38-40hz, and I dont like the way it only hits real hard on one frequency note on every song

P.S. Man I dont think I've ever used the word MINIMUM so much in one topic...lol :)

2000 Chevy Blazer

ALT. - Mechman 270amp

DECK - Pioneer DEH-P4000UB

INTERIOR - Infinity Reference 6020cs

INT. AMP - RF P400-4

SUBS - 2 15" RF Punch P3s

SUB AMP - RF T1000-1bd

REAR BATT. - Stinger SPP1200

Just a lil sum sum to get me back in the game!!

i can figure it up for ya...

what is the gross (before any displacement) volume of the inside of ur enclosure? plz give internal dimensions...

what does each sub displace?

how big is the opening of the port (width and height)?...if u dont have one yet, then i can figure something out...

what do u want it tuned at?

i likes me some audio stuff...

i can figure it up for ya...

what is the gross (before any displacement) volume of the inside of ur enclosure? plz give internal dimensions...

what does each sub displace?

how big is the opening of the port (width and height)?...if u dont have one yet, then i can figure something out...

what do u want it tuned at?

I have it all figured out already I just thought that if I at least make the port bigger than what they say the port area is I wont get port noise...is that right, if so I can resize my port, cause that box that says length of a side, if thats the min. I have to make it 12in deep, that is kinda long for my box

so basically my ? now is as long as I go bigger than the min port area I wont have port noise right :huh:

2000 Chevy Blazer

ALT. - Mechman 270amp

DECK - Pioneer DEH-P4000UB

INTERIOR - Infinity Reference 6020cs

INT. AMP - RF P400-4

SUBS - 2 15" RF Punch P3s

SUB AMP - RF T1000-1bd

REAR BATT. - Stinger SPP1200

Just a lil sum sum to get me back in the game!!

Archived