Sonic Electronix

If you're on a budget, I'd just get 1 really good 15 because it could easily beat 2 12's if you put it in a good box. But if money is no concern, then get 2 really good 12's.

Or go with a pretty good 15, and get pretty good everything else so the final product is better. Unless like said money is no problem then go very good with it all

If you're on a budget, I'd just get 1 really good 15 because it could easily beat 2 12's if you put it in a good box. But if money is no concern, then get 2 really good 12's.

yea i am on a budget. So thats why i was looking towards 1 15.

budget for the sub, total?

Edited by armykyle1

I'm also interested in knowing this. Don't mean to hijack but maybe u wanna know. Say if u had the same amp as u would for 2 12s. Same brand everything. Same power. Except 1 15 vs 2 12s. And your just looking for straight bass. Loud, air moving, low, etc.. bass.

Btw if trunk is sealed off and seats don't go down what's the ideal dirrection for subs/port?

Vehicle: 2002 Volvo S60 2.4t awd.
Headunit: Kenwood DDX-470
Doors: 4x Focal 6.5s/tweets (Adding)
Sub: 2x Sundown Zv4 12's D1
Amps: B2 Zero.1, MB Quart OA600.4
Box: 5.2ish @ 32, Made with Maple, solid oak braces, 45s all around, 2x 5.8" pipes, all fiberglassed up.
Battery: XS D3100, Block Shakers 110AH
Alternator: 250A Excessive Amperage.

All Sky High OFC Wiring.

My Build, plenty of pics: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/198281-2002-volvo-s60-awd-24t-build-log/

I'm also interested in knowing this. Don't mean to hijack but maybe u wanna know. Say if u had the same amp as u would for 2 12s. Same brand everything. Same power. Except 1 15 vs 2 12s. And your just looking for straight bass. Loud, air moving, low, etc.. bass.

Btw if trunk is sealed off and seats don't go down what's the ideal dirrection for subs/port?

I assume you're asking if the 15 would be louder. Its entirely possible. box setup, and the type of sub

subs back port back still IMO

im trying to stay under 800 for the sub and the amp

thats not bad, doesn't that exclude box, wire and all that?

you can get a nice sub and amp for 800

thats not bad, doesn't that exclude box, wire and all that?

you can get a nice sub and amp for 800

yes that is what i will spend on just the sub and amp.

2 pretty SA 12 D4, wired on a nice well known budget amp. So you have a rest of 250 $ for nice 0/1 gauge wire for power, ground and BIG 3, some fuseholders and ANL fuses (1 fuseholder and fuse comes with the amp, and some wood for the box.

800 $ spend :lol:

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

2 pretty SA 12 D4, wired on a nice well known budget amp. So you have a rest of 250 $ for nice 0/1 gauge wire for power, ground and BIG 3, some fuseholders and ANL fuses (1 fuseholder and fuse comes with the amp, and some wood for the box.

im buying a aq2200 for 350 from a local guy. but i dont know what sub to get...

im buying a aq2200 for 350 from a local guy. but i dont know what sub to get...

The SA´s are still a good idea them can take a lot of power.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley