Feel free to comment, im always looking for things to improve and small projects to do.

Its been too quiet and too long since I have had loud bass.. its time.. I have already got most of the parts for it have been saving and getting everything together since the winter months, the plan was to do a clean build with quality items and is front facing and sealed off from the trunk.

I'm not going to upload all the photos at once so I will be trying to maintain an order since I never got around to making a thread about it the last 6 months :P

Heres the car I just tried out some turtle wash and spray wax, Not sure if im satisfied especially with the pollen that was blowing all around.. Ill bust out the real wax next time.
Tw4sdtI.jpg?1
Getting stuff together some Sky High 1/0 OFC and 6 Lug Battery Terminals.
cUshXIwl.jpg
XS Power D3100 for the trunk, aka stock spot.
dtNoViul.jpg

After ALOT! Of considerations I finally decided to save some cash and go with the hds 300 12s.. well see how they do.x6VxKJh.jpg

5/23 More pics.. This was when I bought it 2 years ago.
228582_10200690871626840_1307761586_n.jp

Put a Kenwood DDX470 into it soon.. was rough finding anything for this vehicle.

I had to alter the dash mount I got.. and even after its still not a perfect fit, but its not noticable and now the radio actually fits in it :)

1239056_10201376052555935_1615659245_n.j

I ended up redoing the 2 trim pieces around the shift knob and radio repaint and everything a graphite gray and put new boots on the shift knob and e-brake. Now I have to get the center console out and do the uglier areas.

qG6f9s6.jpg

Vehicle: 2002 Volvo S60 2.4t awd.
Headunit: Kenwood DDX-470
Doors: 4x Focal 6.5s/tweets (Adding)
Sub: 2x Sundown Zv4 12's D1
Amps: B2 Zero.1, MB Quart OA600.4
Box: 5.2ish @ 32, Made with Maple, solid oak braces, 45s all around, 2x 5.8" pipes, all fiberglassed up.
Battery: XS D3100, Block Shakers 110AH
Alternator: 250A Excessive Amperage.

All Sky High OFC Wiring.

My Build, plenty of pics: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/198281-2002-volvo-s60-awd-24t-build-log/

All I have to say for now is putting another alternator in this vehicle.. is quite fun.. especially when it starts raining for hours and you're outside under the car :D

Box: 5.2ish @ 32, Made with Maple, solid oak braces, 45s all around, 2x 5.8" pipes, all fiberglassed up.

All Sky High OFC Wiring.

My Build, plenty of pics: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/198281-2002-volvo-s60-awd-24t-build-log/

• 2 weeks later...

Well.. Alot got done the past week.

Unfortunately.. this amp powered on.. but did not put anything out.. I soldered a couple connections that broke contact inside the amp but now the amp doesnt power on XD There had to be something really wrong on the board.. I really didnt see what was doing it tho.. oh well time for a new one, hooked all the crossovers back up to the radio wire for now, such an unneeded loss of time. No more used amps.
fCMLhW3.jpg

Heres a gutshot of the AQ2200D ill be reusing in this build :) Until I feel the need to double power.

JLquShm.jpg

Yeah alot of little details took twice as long as usual.. The run for the stock wires ran to a solid plug so I couldnt just creep em thru the boot.

eVmdHB9.jpg

Just a before pic of the ugly leather boots.

DZ2Tiy8.jpg

Got me an Excessive amperage alt, singer used to make them but could not because of losing a member. I thought they were the only professionally known place that could for me vehicle but they managed to find Excessive Amperage for me which was the only place I forgot to check :) Got me an EA 250A Alt. Took forever I had to take off and unbolt stuff till I got to the bottom of the damn engine.

1nbiYH0.jpg

And I thought I was almost done.. xD
fkQXAGP.jpg

Made this piece, didnt like the carpet decided to get the lighter gray to somewhat match my stock trunk and added some padding.
M69ktHD.jpg

And new on.
lDdX6VT.jpg

Hot mess.

4SGqtCU.jpg

It'll do for now.. Still debating what to do with the amp and wiring.. Gotta make it pretty and keep out of the rain.

CYNtbDt.jpg

Well thats pretty much where im at for now.. Still have alot to do such as get another mids amp, run the dd-1 and play with settings, seal off from the trunk, Make everything look good, tint the windows before my seats start on fire, paint the port and other fabrication jobs. Thanks for looking.

All Sky High OFC Wiring.

• 2 weeks later...

sweet car.

ditto on the alt, doing my singer 220 on my 01 S40 was an awful time, and it was done twice.

how did ya end up doing your door speaker wiring? I just tapped into the factory harness under the dash and soldered them in.

if ya ever need anyone to bounce ideas off, I have a fair amount of experience in the S40. was very close to a 147 from the trunk on a 2k clamping less than 1kw, single sub.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

looking good

Thank you sir.

sweet car.

ditto on the alt, doing my singer 220 on my 01 S40 was an awful time, and it was done twice.

how did ya end up doing your door speaker wiring? I just tapped into the factory harness under the dash and soldered them in.

if ya ever need anyone to bounce ideas off, I have a fair amount of experience in the S40. was very close to a 147 from the trunk on a 2k clamping less than 1kw, single sub.

Hey man, lol.. I just had to refill my antifreeze for the 3rd time a couple days ago.. still getting side effects from swapping that alt.

Umm.. Actually im gonna send u a pm I got a couple questions..

Just wishing I got the sound deadener and whatnot in before I crammed that box in there :)

Im getting a ton of trunk rattle, lol and I still have to find a time and place to seal off.

Right now my speaker wire runs coming from the door look kind of ugly, I might just ditch them since the factory wiring is decent aswell.

All Sky High OFC Wiring.

• 3 months later...

Little update, been a while. But this is where im sitting at for now.

j2qOS4f.jpg

12eqAPY.jpg

ptrCoor.jpg

AZpmA6G.jpg

AZpmA6G.jpg

EjiEiQD.jpg

63FWCaL.jpg

Glued er back together..
eIkN2wu.jpg

Was able to barely get my spare out.. without having to hammer the box out, Ofc I forgot to in the first place. But now I can get another battery in there.

All Sky High OFC Wiring.

very nice sir. Very nice

lol thanks. waiting for another battery.. but im not really having issues or voltage drop without it.. really considering fitting some 15s back there on a 3.5k :) Prolly next year, im too poor and moving to Mississippi. Maybe I could just up the power and subs.

All Sky High OFC Wiring.

• 3 weeks later...

Little update, will also have a short video up soon.

Decided its time to put some emphasis on my front stage, I want to run active and get rid of the cheap comp sets I threw in and customize the doors.

So I picked up some 6.5's, and im lookin at 3 different looks when mounted, what do u think? bare? with trim or trim and grill.

0Hsv5Zw.jpg?1

Might have to get one of the fancier more accurate volt meters now :)

6dIy5RL.jpg?1

So.. I wasnt really expecting this problem compared to my other vehicles since my rv mirror is roof mounted.. the metal rod snapped during a song.. Couldnt use it and listen to music at the same time anyways.

su5DIYl.jpg?1

All Sky High OFC Wiring.

Archived