Sonic Electronix

Is This Sound Deadner Any Good And Worth It

Guest MegaloManiac

the trunk should be an easier task to tackle. but dont expect to get rid of all rattles in a trunk car lol. best thing to do if thats what you are trying to do is start by isolating the source of the rattle and then go from there to try to stop it.

ok sounds good...im not trying to get rid of all of it just some of it haha...eventually I am moving to a 2 12 set up firing into the cabin instead of at the trunk so that will ultimately kill any rattle in the trunk...but thats down the road

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

HU: AVIC-D2

Fronts: ARC Audio KAR KS6006 Components

AA Poly Mids/ CDT CW-19 Tweets in kicks

Front Amp: Profile AP400x2

Rear Fill: None

Sub: DC LVL 4 (CF Dustcap) x2 (waiting for dustcaps)

AMP: RF t10001bd x2 (1400-1500 @ 1 ohm)

Wire: Welding Supply/Lighting Audio 1/0 Power/Ground

Zero Noise 2.0zn RCA (x2)

260 Amp Iraggi Alternator

Ive used both second skin an raamat an Id say that SS is better but not by far. My front doors have a SS an their pretty dead, as to where my rears have raamat an their not as dead as the fronts. I jus did the rears an in the process of adding ensolite right now.

Left rear

Posted Image

Right rear

Posted Image

IMG_0089.jpg

if you need some more information, go take a read on this http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

homedepot and its called " gutter repair tape" real easy to use and it holds like a champ

1 up for the gutter repair tape. You can also get it with a white backing instead of the shinny back.

Ive used about 7 rolls of it so far if I remember right.

Its more flexible better then dynamat extreme, sticks better then stinger roadkill xpert, and its not much thinner then both those companies.

It has no oder, and is also waterproof because it is made for gutters. Not to mention when I did my trunk, I found out that I had a water leak from some hose that connects to my sunroof tray, so that when it rains and water gets around my sunroof the hose drains water through the hose out the car. The hose exits through my trunk floor, and the hose was not in the whole and just laying in my trunk. I had a good 4 inchs of water in my trunk floor and my american bass amp was completly submerged and kept working!!! LoL Its all fixed now but the gutter repair tape is still holding strong even after being completly soaked from standing water.

Oh and it costs only about $11 for a 25 foot by 6 inch roll. So about 12.5 square feet..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i looked at that but it was more expensive (i think)

new toy

97 chevy s10 ext cab

bagged

22s

system (coming soon )

4 soundstream t4-15s walled

2 concept 2410 mono amps

REFS

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=cartunez2004

http://caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t...ht=LOUDCARTUNEZ

Archived