Sundown Audio

How Would This Sound?

Damn this thread is harsh!

I got 2 jbl p1222s that I put on a saz 1500 but I've had them each on 150 wats a peice prolly less off an old alpine amp and they were fine, as long as you can properly charge ur 12volt bats in. Ur house I see no problem with it..... if you have a house amp then I see no problem in underpowering, I would try to make the box big if you can...(thus making it more efficent mines about 30% larger than spec cuz thoes particular subs are underrated..... and do 1 18 not 2 I have my 2 12s turned down and were a house full of young guys wit no neibors

Take it easy on the 12 year old fags maybe its a project for him and his dad to work on

And reall all u fruitloops brought out the grandmaw thing.... that's the kinda shit makes the internet GAY!

See, this guy gets me. The main reason for the 18's is because I've heard and experienced that bugger cones can get lower better. I'm not getting an 18 to be loud, im getting it to get low for gunshots, thunder, all that low bass stuff in movies. And yes, they are going to be powered by 2 Behringer NU1000DSP's, one for each sub.

I am 13, but still, does it make you guys feel tough to bash on a teenager? Honestly?

And I agree, how the fuck were grandparents even related, and you have to bring up memories of when I witnessed my grandfather slip on ice and break a hip, which later killed him. So thanks for bringing up horrible memories!

So I totally agree with CortezDTV

Why not the IB3s? i know you said you were set on the Qs but the IB3s are made for this kind of stuff.

this is from Fi's description of the IB3's

"The IB3 sets the standard for full featured infinite baffle specific subwoofers. From the subtle nuances of a stand up bass, to the bottom octave filling rattling scene in your favorite movie, the IB3 has you covered. "

IB3's would work too, but you would need to cut into the wall, since you have to seperate the front of the woofer from the back, and the only other way to make em work like that with a box is to have a huuuuuge box.

Also to Jeremy I couldn't of known about anyones anything being dead, so don't try that on me, and second post one time in the last 7 months you have made a post that helped anyone, I read through back to you post about a system for your grandpa in December, and found no post that could be considered helping, they were mostly questions involving making various different set-ups with various sizes of Fi Q's.

Just wanted to clear up your statement.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

IB3's would work too, but you would need to cut into the wall, since you have to seperate the front of the woofer from the back, and the only other way to make em work like that with a box is to have a huuuuuge box.

Well we actually are going to have to knock out the drywall to better sound insulate the walls anyways, so it would be possible to use the wall... But how "infinite" is an "infinite baffle"?

Damn this thread is harsh!

I got 2 jbl p1222s that I put on a saz 1500 but I've had them each on 150 wats a peice prolly less off an old alpine amp and they were fine, as long as you can properly charge ur 12volt bats in. Ur house I see no problem with it..... if you have a house amp then I see no problem in underpowering, I would try to make the box big if you can...(thus making it more efficent mines about 30% larger than spec cuz thoes particular subs are underrated..... and do 1 18 not 2 I have my 2 12s turned down and were a house full of young guys wit no neibors

Take it easy on the 12 year old fags maybe its a project for him and his dad to work on

And reall all u fruitloops brought out the grandmaw thing.... that's the kinda shit makes the internet GAY!

See, this guy gets me. The main reason for the 18's is because I've heard and experienced that bugger cones can get lower better. I'm not getting an 18 to be loud, im getting it to get low for gunshots, thunder, all that low bass stuff in movies. And yes, they are going to be powered by 2 Behringer NU1000DSP's, one for each sub.

I am 13, but still, does it make you guys feel tough to bash on a teenager? Honestly?

And I agree, how the fuck were grandparents even related, and you have to bring up memories of when I witnessed my grandfather slip on ice and break a hip, which later killed him. So thanks for bringing up horrible memories!

So I totally agree with CortezDTV

Its not about the subs, half the sound is the box!

Do you really want a 6 cubic foot box for 1 18 + 3 cubic feet for port and everything...... that's a big box man with 2 12s ur looking at half that size and they will be just as loud and hit just as low......

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Its not about the subs, half the sound is the box!

Do you really want a 6 cubic foot box for 1 18 + 3 cubic feet for port and everything...... that's a big box man with 2 12s ur looking at half that size and they will be just as loud and hit just as low......

Well... Actually I kinda do want a huge box... I mean it's the scare factor of the 18's... When guests come over, it would be fun to see then go "What... the fuck... is that?!"

And everyone don't try to tell me that's not true!

Cuz everyone knows damn well its basically all in the box and if he's building the box he probably won't be able to tell the difference

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

You guys seriously think the infinite baffles would be better than the q's? I mean I can techincally bust out the back wall, and extend it out, which would give me over 100ft^3 of space for a in wall box... But is that really worth it? Because to do that I would have to reposition the wiring if there is any in the way. I would also have to somehow move the support beams. So do you guys think it would be worth that, or should I put 2 Fi Q's in a box, which I know I can do?

The only thing I got from this thread is you overreact constantly and are jumping to conclusions on many things far too fast. Like the fact you are set on FI Qs when there are better out there and people are trying to just make suggestions. That being said, if your minds set, its set, and thats your choice anyways. That being said, the 'bigger subs get lower easier' is far from the truth. The only reason that has any basis is because an 18" has far more cone area than a 10".

As for infinite baffle...the only thing you need to do is separate the front waves from the back waves of the sub...meaning you mount them into the wall for example. That separates the sound waves and theres no need for any kind of 'box'.

The only thing I got from this thread is you overreact constantly and are jumping to conclusions on many things far too fast. Like the fact you are set on FI Qs when there are better out there and people are trying to just make suggestions. That being said, if your minds set, its set, and thats your choice anyways. That being said, the 'bigger subs get lower easier' is far from the truth. The only reason that has any basis is because an 18" has far more cone area than a 10".

As for infinite baffle...the only thing you need to do is separate the front waves from the back waves of the sub...meaning you mount them into the wall for example. That separates the sound waves and theres no need for any kind of 'box'.

Well, I need to make some sort of box because I don't want the pressure waves to make the drywall crack... So how big of an enclosure should I make in the wall?

IB subs would need a MASSIVE 'box' to get a simple infinite baffle setup. I would suggest maybe knocking that wall down and putting up 2x4s to use as studs to mount the subs to through the drywall for example. Probably a ton of options to mount them in there.