Second Skin Audio

Does my bandpass need more port?

hey whats up guys

I will be building my first 4th order 2 chamber box for the first time. I have seen and helped many people build 4th orders. I will be using 2 re audio sx 10's. They will be in facing the the trunk. The 2nd chamber and port will be going through the backseat hand rest. The problem with my car trunk is that its wide enough but gets smaller closer to the backseat hand rest. I would say I have about 2.8 to 3 cubic feet to work with for the chamber with the port alone. The sealed chamber has tons of space. I would like to have the box tuned around 32-34 hz. Should I cut out the square port to be about 6 inches high, 5 inches wide and about 19 inches long? I did some calculations with those measements and the tuning came out to be around 33. I just need some expert advice and it seems that you guys know tons on 4th order boxes. I will appreciate your input.

Thanks alo,

josh

hey whats up guys

I will be building my first 4th order 2 chamber box for the first time. I have seen and helped many people build 4th orders. I will be using 2 re audio sx 10's. They will be in facing the the trunk. The 2nd chamber and port will be going through the backseat hand rest. The problem with my car trunk is that its wide enough but gets smaller closer to the backseat hand rest. I would say I have about 2.8 to 3 cubic feet to work with for the chamber with the port alone. The sealed chamber has tons of space. I would like to have the box tuned around 32-34 hz. Should I cut out the square port to be about 6 inches high, 5 inches wide and about 19 inches long? I did some calculations with those measements and the tuning came out to be around 33. I just need some expert advice and it seems that you guys know tons on 4th order boxes. I will appreciate your input.

Thanks alo,

josh

id try tuning 10-15hz higher... holylownotesbatman! :trippy:

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

Have you tried anything yet to make it better?

1946 Chevy Panel Truck: For Sale

1999 Ford Explorer XLT

Subs: Ten Obsidian Audio 15's

Sub Amps: Five American Bass 120.1's

Speakers: American Bass mids and selenium tweeters

Speaker Amp: Mb Quart Dsc4125

Electrical: DC power 250amp alt, 6 batteries

http://www.youtube.com/user/46panel

• 2 weeks later...

I should be getting wood this week. It was fun for a while being able to sling some stupid low notes but now I want my musical ability back

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.