Wiring Dual Alts to multiple batteries

We are finishing up a system in a 1966 Oldsmobile 98, just waiting for the alternators to get here. I was wondering how guys are wiring their dual alt setups on their 3K-4K systems. I see some people go straight from each alt to a bank of batteries in the back. I see some people piggy back the alts and go to the rear. I also see some people piggy back the Alts, go to the front battery and then from there go to the 2 or 3 batteries in the back. What things need to be considered when choosing which route to go. I'm about to run a second 0 gauge line for power. There are only 2 batteries in the back for now because the customer isn't sold on how important a good bank of batteries are so he is just putting 2 yellow tops in the back. My plan was to do a run of 0 guage from one alternator to one of the yellow tops, and then a run from the other alternator to the other yellow top. Any suggestions or opinions?

Bone Stock 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8

Get some aluminum/copper buss bars, hook all the +'s of the batteries and alternators to it. Ground everything to the frame as usual.

Don't forget to fuse everything and isolate the bar from the frame.

Archived