So I have an f250 v10 and I'm have problems with the shifting..its an automatic. But recently when I drive it the rpms go up and down and it up shifts and down shifts at weird times...the most noticable is when I get on it, it hits 3k rpms then sticks there for a while then will either up shift or down shift..this is the first time its happened to I'm starting to thing that somethings going bad on it..and ideas on what it could be? Any help is appreciated thank you.

BABYJUICE

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First thing to check is the fluid, second would be the torque converter. Any strange sounds?

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

How many miles are on it and when's the last time you changed the filter/fluid/had a tune up? Any towing or off road/"fun time" with it?

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Would that cause the weird shifts?

And yes, those would cause weird shifts. Fixed that problem on my sister-in-laws trail blazer just by changing the filter.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

About 77k miles...I changed the oil about 4 months ago but that's it...the last tune up was about 7 months ago...but I've never changed the tranny filter...I don't do any towing but I do carry stuff in the bed...and yeah its been off roading a couple of times...

And when I turn on my headlights which are HIDs my abs light comes on and my speedometer like goes down then back up then the abs light turns off....could it be something wrong with the computer?

BABYJUICE

I'd say change the filter anyway, if that doesn't fix the shifting problem, take it to a trusted garage and have them diagnose it, or suck up the dealership costs.... Dealerships always charge out the ass for diagnostics.

The light problem.... That one does kind of sound like a computer problem. Or just crossed wires somewhere.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg