Second Skin Audio

possible issue with ports?

so heres my box design, 4 SA-8's lil under 2.4 cubes tuning id like to be @ 35hz.planned to use 2 4" aeros internal/external flare, but im not quite sure on the length that I need to accomplish this. was hoping someone could chime in and help get me where I need to be, any help is greatly appreicated! http://s640.photobucket.com/albums/uu126/jtbuck92/1%20dollar%20box%20designs/?action=view&current=jontravis4sa-8sunderseatxray.png

ok thanks, aslo does anyone think that i may have aissue with the ports with being so close to the hump in the middle of the box? i figured i could heat and slightly curve the ports upward to clear the hump?

according to calculator on psp.. they need to be 21.1118 long for a 35hz tune... now my box is 56 wide the hump is 15.5 wide so that leaves 19.5 inchs of room for the ports. so in my eyes (and i am by NO means experinced in this) i either need to curve/bend the ports to accomodate the extra length, or move the ports to front of enclosure and 90 then to accomodate the length.. will there be diffrence in performancewith dooing ports one of these ways mentioned?

if you're firing the ports directly onto the side of the cab, that's a bad idea. i'd put the ports on the front of the box unloading into the cabin.

sincerely,

the guy who made your first box lol

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

hey whats up bro, yeah thats what i was kinda thinking? thas why i wondered if it may be better to move ports to front, but if i do that then id have to put a either 90 degree eblow on the port or a 45 degree... which i wouldnt think that would be a issue since most slot ports are 90 degrees.. but again i have no idea.. i jsut want it to sound the best that it can! plus if ports were in front it'd be a like a revrse flow a/c system lol all the air movement

i'm not sure where you'd get the 90 degree elbows. that's something you'll have to ask around about. but i think for your application unless you are competing hardcore you wont lose or gain much with the elbows.. at least nothing that the human ear can notice

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.