Sundown Audio

Audiopipe amp

Grelko

For 6k watts, your looking at $1300 atleast for electrical. then $1300 for subs atleast, another 1$ for cash, plus a few hundred for wires. Then the frontstage will be another grand, and sound deadening.

I not trying to pick a fight with anyone, but holy gawd dayum! I dont have $1300 in electrical in either of my cars, i had two of these ap3ks in my hatch, on a stock alt which is 70 amps(after my 220 blew up) and 4 deka 31agms, 2 runs of 1/0 power and 2 runs of 1/0 ground. Never dropped below 13.0 :shrug:

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

Alright mate. Eh, Im probably off by a bit, but just what I was assuming for 6k watts. H/O Alt is $550, and batts take up the rest. It's cool that you can do it, but I wouldn't run that much power on stock alt. Doesn't seem like it'll last too long with that much draw. Again, I can't really talk ecause I've never ran that much power. I plan to run 8k in my truck, and was told that I'll need atleast 1 good HO Alt, and a few good group 31 batts along with my XS D3400.

:rofl:

:wub: N8.

No homo...unless you want there to be. :orly3::ehh:

Your going to need the big 3 done. And some 1/0 from the alt to the rear battery bank. As far as power goes, you'll need more than a pair of yellow tops. They will do rated no problem, but you gotta feed them the power they want. They tend to get power hungry. As with any larger amp. Im not saying they are on the level with sundown, or DC for example, they are just good power for the money. I would plan 3-4 31 series glass mats and 2-3 runs of power and ground for them. I doubt you would need more than 140 amps of alt to run it all, if you have the proper grounds...

im definately doing the big 3 upgrade first thing

think 3x Exile "31 series" megacycle AGM 200 sealed is enough?

or grab the AD-275 SP H/O alternator, not sure how itd fit compared to my stock, could go with the "Powermaster 140 amp alt" though. working on budget for complete install gonna be real close

Chevy G30 1-ton fullsize van

slowly VERY slowly working up power etc to get it into SPL competitions " like 5-10 years from now....", but for now a half decent hairtrick with the sliding door open would be great lol

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

Ya man what ever you can get for the money will work just make sure you do it all right because your always going to upgrade in the future if you stay in the game. I'm in the same situation but I'm going with Brutus amps.

• 7 months later...

Ive used them, They do rated power. My only complaint is they arent great for daily drivers. Mine would get hot after driving around for an hour or so...but i dont know many amps that dont get hot after an hour of bumpin...

Most people say they have "dirty power" im not sure how power can be dirty. I have heard this from people thou. I think they are good amps for the price.

what kind of power supply do u have feeding this amp cuz i have the same thing and i beat on it and it barly gets hot i have 2 batterys and a 120a alt

Archived