93 honda dx hatch, daily driver.

well the whole engine swap thing is down the road. what would you recomend for adding power if any to my stock D15B? besides turbo.

exhaust & cai always come to mind :drinks: .

yea im definitely looking into a nice header. possibly new cold air intake. I know i need a new filter lol. just need some inexpensive things to add a little more umph. I dont want to drop a ton of money into it then do a total engine swap lol

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

Whatever you put on the stock d engine you can just remove and get most of your money back by parting out. Full exhaust, new intake, quality filter all come to mid. New spark plugs and wires to liven her up and maybe an oil change if it sat for a long time. I'd sea foam it and after 100 miles change plugs, wires, and oil/oil filter, then new short cam/cold air intake and filter. Reset your ecu and that will all really give her some life back I'm sure. Then if you want full exhaust/header, but I wouldn't dabble in all that if you plan on the engine swap anytime soon.

Whatever you put on the stock d engine you can just remove and get most of your money back by parting out. Full exhaust, new intake, quality filter all come to mid. New spark plugs and wires to liven her up and maybe an oil change if it sat for a long time. I'd sea foam it and after 100 miles change plugs, wires, and oil/oil filter, then new short cam/cold air intake and filter. Reset your ecu and that will all really give her some life back I'm sure. Then if you want full exhaust/header, but I wouldn't dabble in all that if you plan on the engine swap anytime soon.

Ok great, I have done the oil change already it was sitting for almost 2 years. i would like to get some nice plug wires maybe some taylor 10mm lol. and a decent header. I agree that im not going to go to far in depth with the aftermarket parts until i do the swap. thank you very much for all the help. :drinks:

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

threw together a box with some scrap birch and MDF. 2.8 cubes tuned to 35. its for a dc lvl3 15. Im just waiting on a recone for it.

box1-1.jpg

box2-1.jpg

box3-1.jpg

box8-1.jpg

box5-1.jpg

box6-1.jpg

box7-1.jpg

teamxa2-1.jpg

ok a little more progress on the audio setup. made up a little fuse holder and got all of the wiring done. now i just have to pick up an amp.

box9-1.jpg

box10-1.jpg

teamxa2-1.jpg

I was in SC for 5 days so i haven't been able to update this. I dont like not having a tach in the car so i put one in. I still need to do some final work on it.

here are a few pics from SC, it was a bmx road trip. riding some good skate parks there.

A bridge right by the house we stayed at

sc3.jpg

sc4.jpg

At a skatepark, not a very good area lol

sc2.jpg

Ok onto the tach install

There was an empty pocket for something. but i wasn't using it so that is were i put the tach.

tach1.jpg

tach2.jpg

tach3.jpg

teamxa2-1.jpg

depending on what motor is in it (looks like a d15b7 to me) you may wanna look into a A6 cam and Y8 cam gear. it adds a good amount of low end power. for more info on that motor check www.d-series.org most of the time u can get the cam and gear and put it in for less then 125 and it will add more then any header intake or exhaust. also theres no need for a retune

2001 gmc seirra

5.3 auto 3.73 locked rear, long tube headers, offroad y pipe, duals, cai, black bear tune, 2/4 drop, 22s, rockford fosgate mods and highs and 4 ab hd 15s and a ab 750.1

1995 civic

1.5 auto slower then hell, dropped on coil overs, ex hub caps, 2 12 trunk, have 450 bucks in the car and gets 35 mpg

1992 s10

being bagged, shaved, and small stereo. right now a pile of parts

depending on what motor is in it (looks like a d15b7 to me) you may wanna look into a A6 cam and Y8 cam gear. it adds a good amount of low end power. for more info on that motor check www.d-series.org most of the time u can get the cam and gear and put it in for less then 125 and it will add more then any header intake or exhaust. also theres no need for a retune

ok great. thank you very much for the info man.

teamxa2-1.jpg

Archived