MAJOR voltage drop wit a cap

Ok so I have a fosgate 1000bd stock alternator and battery,4awg wires and big 3 done as well,and I have a 1 farad RF punch cap...now I've had this system for about 9 months the car I have it in literraly is running from 745 am till about 5pm and about 65 percent of the time I have it turned up to the MAX and when I first had it I had no problems but about 2 months ago it happend for the first time..my amp had shut down..not into thermal or protect or even off it was like I turnd the bass off for like 2 seconds then it came back on,and as time went by it happend more often..it would turn off for 2 seconds come on for 1 then turn off then on and soo on...but then I noticed that when I pressed the gas when I was stopped it wouldent do it (BTW it only did this while I was stopped) so I jus did that but when I turned my car on it always sounded like when u leave the lights on and u barely turn Ur.car on b4 it dies..but tonight b4 I even came to a.stop it shut off and even while I was moving it cut off (depending on the note,it does it on the low lows like the 50-40hz n below) so I took my dmm to it and it read 14 at the cap and at the battery but as soon as the bass hit it dropped to 9..my question is..is this my alternator ( prob. Like 60 amps) or my battery? Would installing a 2nd battery help?

the cap is ur prob , install the second battery maybe replace the 4g with 0g and thro the cap away

Team SSBTeam SoundStreamTeam Tsunamiteam ohio generator

Remove the cap first off, it wont help at all. Then get a good battery under the hood, not some cheapo depo one for $3.50. Voltage in the single digits is a big no no. And please dont refer to the 50-40 hz tones as low lows, those are actually pretty high frequencies, 4 hz is low lows 8)

:rofl:

:wub: N8.

No homo...unless you want there to be. :orly3::ehh:

also load test ur current alt and current batt before installing the second batt

Team SSBTeam SoundStreamTeam Tsunamiteam ohio generator

Check your alt you may have an intermittent problem with alt but ditch the cap get 1 good battery under hood for starters

optima

XS

kinetic

shurikin anything decent size and agm will be best i prefer XS but any of those would do good

the cap is ur prob , install the second battery maybe replace the 4g with 0g and thro the cap away

Run 0 gauge to a distribution block, Because the T1000 only takes 4 gauge.

Archived