Four Memphis M3's & a T2500-1bd Build Log

Loooks really good man :D

Thanks man, I just hope it sounds as good as it looks. :shrug:

Still thinking about what to do for speaker terminals.

Creative Ideas?

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

Rounding over the top baffle on the speaker rings would do a couple things. First look better thank sharp. Second, will allow you to fold carpet over it 1000x's easier, if that's the way you're going with the finish.

As far as speaker terminals. Bolts. See a lot of that around here. Quick and easy.

Nice job!

Rounding over the top baffle on the speaker rings would do a couple things. First look better thank sharp. Second, will allow you to fold carpet over it 1000x's easier, if that's the way you're going with the finish.

As far as speaker terminals. Bolts. See a lot of that around here. Quick and easy.

Nice job!

Thanks bro! I was just out in my shop testing a few round over bits on some wood. I can easily imagine how helpful it would be in the carpeting area. And it looked pretty good on the practice board I used. Its quick too! Took me like maybe a full minute to do the whole circle. That damn router is spinning at like 23,000 RPM haha.

Bolts! Thats what I have seen as well. & Just ring terminate the speaker wire, then use a nut on one side? I would have to pre-drill it of course, because id be afraid it'd split. Any recommended size/length bolt? The sides of the box are 3/4" So maybe 1" long threaded bolt?

Thanks though man! I am tuned to your 06 civic build! Although its 10 years newer, its pretty much the same. So keep it up!

3d7304fe.jpg

XS D6500 $245.65

the bolt method hasnt failed me yet, its cheap and simple. it also allows you to wire each coils + and - to its own bolt, allowing you to change the wiring from outside the box if you need to

1969 Chevy Chevelle

20/22" staggered Bonspeed Huntingtons wrapped in Nitto INVO's

Mechman 250amp cs144 alt w/AVBM

Kinetik 1800 main battery/Kinetik 2400 in the trunk

Pioneer AVH-3200dvd Headunit

(2) sets of Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine components up front

(2) DD 3512's d4 coils

Sundown sax100.4 component amp

Sundown saz-3000d subwoofer amp

5ft^3 box tuned to 34hz

MY BUILD

Ya I found that out last year when I did some cheap crap in my truck. Rounded over the flush baffle and the carpet just laid over for me. It was sooo nice!

As far as the bolts, yes, just get some threaded bolts, and ring terminal the ends of the wires inside and out. Then you should get some washers and lock washers, IMO. Drill a hole just barely the width of the bolt threads. So just go ring terminal on the bolt from the inside cable, washer, slide the bolt through, washer on the outside and a nut. Then I'd do a second nut on the outside so if you take the cable off the outside you don't risk the bolt falling through the box. It's always tight. You just remove the second nut and the outer ring terminal. The bolt or post stays stationary.

Thanks. I've been working on it for a long long time. I'm on my 3rd set up and only "finished" one of the previous two. This one I'm taking my time on though cause it'll be the last one I do on here. Otherwise my wife will kick my ass out! LMAO! It's going to be mainly an sq car though. Not a bass machine! HOWEVER, the reason I came across your build was cause I was looking for 4 10's set ups. I'm going to be doing a system in my truck (94 Ford F350 Crew Cab). 4 10's in a custom rear seat. I'm currently looking at Audioque HDC310's and then probably will go with either 2 AQ2200's or an AQ3500. Obviously there's more to it than that but I don't wanna muddy up your thread much. Can't start that one till after the car is done though. So now I'm designing and gonna start my equipment stockpile!

Keep up the good work! I'll watch out for more!

What size bolt would you recommend? I am thinking a length of 1-1/2" to give a little bit of room of each side for a washer, nut, and ring terminal. But what about thickness? I would think maybe 1/4" thickness?

3d7304fe.jpg

XS D6500 $245.65

Ya you don't need more than that I don't think. Most I think 3/8" but again, I don't think more than 1/4" is needed. As far as length, just go the width of the wood, plus the two terminals, plus the washers, plus the nuts. That way you don't have too much bolt sticking out to cut someone, scratch something, etc. Might even get a few of those nylon nuts for the outside, so they don't vibrate loose.

Ya I found that out last year when I did some cheap crap in my truck. Rounded over the flush baffle and the carpet just laid over for me. It was sooo nice!

As far as the bolts, yes, just get some threaded bolts, and ring terminal the ends of the wires inside and out. Then you should get some washers and lock washers, IMO. Drill a hole just barely the width of the bolt threads. So just go ring terminal on the bolt from the inside cable, washer, slide the bolt through, washer on the outside and a nut. Then I'd do a second nut on the outside so if you take the cable off the outside you don't risk the bolt falling through the box. It's always tight. You just remove the second nut and the outer ring terminal. The bolt or post stays stationary.

Thanks. I've been working on it for a long long time. I'm on my 3rd set up and only "finished" one of the previous two. This one I'm taking my time on though cause it'll be the last one I do on here. Otherwise my wife will kick my ass out! LMAO! It's going to be mainly an sq car though. Not a bass machine! HOWEVER, the reason I came across your build was cause I was looking for 4 10's set ups. I'm going to be doing a system in my truck (94 Ford F350 Crew Cab). 4 10's in a custom rear seat. I'm currently looking at Audioque HDC310's and then probably will go with either 2 AQ2200's or an AQ3500. Obviously there's more to it than that but I don't wanna muddy up your thread much. Can't start that one till after the car is done though. So now I'm designing and gonna start my equipment stockpile!

Keep up the good work! I'll watch out for more!

No problem bro! I appreciate the info. I am more than likely gonna do the rounded over flush baffle. Just got to find the right bit. Got about 16 out there. Atleast 7 of em are round-over bits.

But yeah man I like the idea, I was at lowes earlier today looking at T-Nuts. $.50 ea! Just gonna order a pack of 50 on PartsExpress.Com for 5$. If I decide to use them Ill have them at hand. Shoulda looked at bolts :shrug: oh well, I dont mind Lowes is home for me. Always something to look at.

I like how your doing an SQ car, mine is gonna be pretty loud, but still will be more SQ than SPL. The Memphis M3s that I chose are better known for SQ.

Anyways, Thanks for the compliments and info!

3d7304fe.jpg

XS D6500 $245.65

Archived