need good 5.25 door speakers

michigancapri92

looking for some decent 5.25 door speakers that can produce alot of good midbass and mid range .... looking for a speaker that doesnt have alot of xmax and is shallow, my doors are terrible at producing midbass sound deadened, sealed, idk just dont like to make good midbass

next looking for a set of good 8" midbass drivers that are good for a small box

speakers that dont produce alot of xmax and are low profile are PA (pre audio) speakers right ??

same here im debating either Rockford or Pioneer unless there i something cheaper that has quality almost equivalent to these

(2) RE SXX 15

(1) Rockford T1500bd-cp (Bass)

(1) Kinetik 1800 (Rear)

(1) Kinetik 600 (Rear)

(2) MB Quart 1"

(2) MB Quart 5.25" components

(2) Kicker KS 6x9

Pioneer Head unit

8.1 ft^3 @ 35hz

Stinger Volt Meter

Interstate Battery MTII-78 (Front)

Stock 130 amp Alternator

1/0 Gauge

(1) Pioneer GMF-4300 4 channel amp (Mids and Highs)

Saab 93 in Pristine Condition

~Awaiting~

Big3

Audio Technix Sound-deader

(2)JL TRX 3.5"

(4) Pioneer 6.5's

If you're looking for some pro audio mids (PA) check out www.partsexpress.com The tang band 5.25" are nice. Really smooth from the testing I've done so far. Efficiency isn't the greatest I've heard, but a very smooth driver and if it's paired up with a decent tweeter you can get some good volume out of the combination. If you're looking for a low profile speaker, they are pretty much all going to have minimal excursion (Xmax)

When it comes down to how a pro audio speaker is built differently than a car audio speaker, I don't have the answer for you. But from my experience, pro audio speakers are 8 ohm drivers and are normally pretty efficient. I recently switch over from car audio speakers to selenium pro audio speakers. They get just as loud as any 4 ohm 6" speaker I've run and sound pretty good too for the money.

Archived