dumb question about wiring 2 subs

I would do more research first and foremost, if you are running more than 2000-2500rms you definitely want some electrical upgrades,

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

i finally just got bask into car audio after forever lol, still got the old mtx 10"s and optimus xl400 in the van from way back, which imo, is still running like a beast after all the dust on it... had it under the bed in back.

tore out the entire insides of the van, rebuilding walls etc, making 2x 6.7 cubes in the back with 2x 15s in each, hoping to have enough volume in the boxes ported for the subs to run atleast around 80% airflow.

Eventually putting in maybe 6 more subs, and a ton of mid/highs through the whole place since i have around 160 cubic feet to fill with music

the 3000w are the quantum subs 1500rms rated just dont know if thats accurate, saw vid of someone hitting close to 150db with 2, but i have 10x the space so id hit around 80+/-?

heard you need to move about 1/20th total volume to get around 150 so thatd be close to 14 cubic feet id need to move

definately checking into some good amps for the actual power to the subs.

getting the big 3 for sure,ATLEAST a 140 amp alternator, more than likely ill get the 270 mechman or something, and 3-4x Deka or Exide glass mats etc.

having a shop wire it up, and i was going to make the sub boxes

lol, ive been reading everything i can in the forums, couple hours a day flipping through pages all about wiring, electrical, sub choices, amps, slowly getting the van fixed up for cruises and eventually wayyy in the future, hoping to take it to a couple SPl comps

Edited by Grelko

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

i finally just got bask into car audio after forever lol, still got the old mtx 10"s and optimus xl400 in the van from way back, which imo, is still running like a beast after all the dust on it... had it under the bed in back.

tore out the entire insides of the van, rebuilding walls etc, making 2x 6.7 cubes in the back with 2x 15s in each, hoping to have enough volume in the boxes ported for the subs to run atleast around 80% airflow.

Eventually putting in maybe 6 more subs, and a ton of mid/highs through the whole place since i have around 150 cubic feet to fill with music

the 3000w are the quantum subs 1500rms rated just dont know if thats accurate, saw a couple vids of people hitting close to 150db with 2, but i have 10x the room so id hit around 80+/-?

definately checking into some good amps for the actual power to the subs.

getting the big 3 for sure,ATLEAST a 140 amp alternator, more than likely ill get the 270 mechman or something.3-4x Deka or Exide glass mats etc.

having a shop wire it up, and i was going to make the sub boxes

I HIGHLY doubt that 2 QA 15s hit close to 150 (maybe in the port lol!)

Those subwoofers aren't good man, I'd definitely try and find something better.

And what do you mean you'll hit "Eighty+-"?

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

The quantum subs won't take 3K a peice, not even close. I wouldn't even attempt to put more than 1000 to each of those subs. They are eBay brand subs, they won't take massie power. You would need 2 3kw rms amps to power them, maybe 2 sundown 2500, wouldn't chance an AQ 3.5k on a pair of the subs. Just do some research man, read alot. You dont seem ready for a build like this.

:rofl:

:wub: N8.

No homo...unless you want there to be. :orly3::ehh:

oh the eighty i meant the spl DB in the van since its huge in there,

the AQ3500 looks like itd do the job and wouldnt completely kill my budget since i was thinking of just buying 2 amps to run 2 speakers, i could just run 1 better amp and hook up all 4 to it if theres enough room for the wires.

is it possible to run a bolt+ washers+wires to run more speakers to the same channel?

i havent gotten a chance to check the wiring diagrams yet

hoping to spend around 2k total on atleast 1 good amp or 2 cheaper and those 4x 15" subs never even heard of the quantums, so ive been reading up alot about those and decided id get them since they wouldnt break my entire budget.

hoped to get some lvl 5s or better but that wouldnt happen till atleast next year or longer

basically a nice LOUD cheaper system as a big upgrade to the little 400w "actually more like 85-90w per channel" optimus that im running now.

heard the quantums dont have that great of sound quality, not sure how itd work for me since id have them only working for bass and not the music, getting probably around 20mid/highs cheap or atleast 12 good ones for the back and a couple in/near the dashboard next month so i figured id get the subs/power/electrical out of the way.

wont even be hooking up the subs till i get the 6x9s or 5-1/4s bought also, then ill post some pics or vids of the setup

even looked into Boss phantoms etc, but heard way too many bad things about those, same with pyle and a couple other brands and wanted something better than walmart or radioshack.

im definately ready for a build like this lol, just getting it for now, then reading all i can for a month or 2, THEN ill figure out exactly how i want it, ideas keep changing, havent even finished putting in the walls in the van for added support to hold the boxes

[edit- hate dropping links(

) if copyrighted etc. toss me a msg and ill remove it np, they actually hit 151.1 right near the end 48 second mark,] Edited by Grelko

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

If you want something better than radioshack, don't get the quantums. Get some AQ HDC3s, they aren't too expensive when comparing their power handling to other subs in te price range, and they have been proven to hit good numbers. An AQ3500 would destroy a pair of the quantums. And what do you mean you would only have them working for the bass and not the music? Do you mean that it's an spl setup? And if so, it's pointless to upgrade your mods and highs. Your throwing words and info out that you don't know the actual meaning to. Please please please just read ALOT more. Oh, and I can assure you that you would hit higher than an 80db on a tl...

i cant remember what its called unless i went out and checked my old amp

theres a button on it that'll let me have the amp set so only the bass comes out of the subs and not mucsic, but if i have the button pushed then music+bass comes out. X-over feed or somethin.

oh i meant that i would hook all 4 subs to the AQ3.5k not just a pair, or i could go with sundowns, depends on the actual budget, gotta see whats making the van shake when i push on the gas so budget might only be 2 - 2.5k instead of 3.5k

makes me wonder what my actual Db is right now.

TINY bit of airflow at the window and the only thing i have is a sealed box about 12 ft back from the steering wheel could be caused from the echo in there or outside but, everything rattles lol

Edited by Grelko

Your talking about the highpass or lorises filters it seems like. Bass is still music dude. It's the low frequencies of the music spectrum. You can have SQ with bass, and then you can have crappy subs that just produce shitty bass.

If you hook 4 up to the one amp, it would work. But you would need 4 D2 subs and if you add another amp down the road, you would most likely have to recone the subs because the ohm load changes.

i know the bass is still actual music lol, i just meant the singing and higher freq's

i think it was the highpass

lets just say, i JUST started thinking about getting into SPL within the last couple months but i've had a system in my vehicles for the last almost 14 years and have always wanted a huge system for car cruises etc. finally got a half decent budget and thought why not now

SPL competitions sound awesome to get into eventually but for now, id just like it loud as all hell even if the bass isnt that great. but the budget is rough, hoped to get 4x 15s + full setup for say 2.5k thats why i was gonna get the quantums for now but id like to get a good amp or 2 for now till i got better subs.

couple months from now as i keep reading about everything on here and other car audio forums ill be upgrading

Edited by Grelko