Second Skin Audio

Need advice on some customers vehicles.

So a buddy of mine has 2 Avalanches, ones an 02 and the others an 07, he wants subs in them, but doesnt want to lose the midgates, so im forced to buy boxes that fit under the seat (building em isnt worth the time IMO)

i want to know what amp and subs you guys think i should run? i was thinking a crunch 1800.2 bidged @ 4 ohms with 2 10"s sealed in about .425 ft^3 a piece, i was wondering what subs you guys think i should use? im thinking SSA DCONs would get the job done but the qts on them is a little low for decent sealed, and then we have the HIVI SP10. it would have a 45hz -3db point in this airspace but is only offered in 4 ohms nominal, and is a 500wRMS sub, where the DCON is half that.

Looking for advice on what i should do. my plans for the box is to tear the carpet off of the shitty prefabs, make a 1.25" spacer on the baffles to counter-sink the subs, as well as give them the proper clearance for the box, then bodyfiller them into the baffles, then primer the box out, bodywork it, and paint it piano black to match the truck.

just looking for opinions on what to do. its a shame sundown hasnt put the x-10 into production yet lol, it'd work great. oh well. opinions guys?? thanks!

(heres a page of prefabs i could build off of)

http://carjamz.com/zen/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=150_151_183&sort=20a&page=1

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!

Archived