Sonic Electronix

The grounding of the RCAs on the back of the headunit will only work if you have an older Pioneer head unit.

So if that does not fix your problem your have a ground loop issue.

Not know exactly what equitment you are running is not going to help get you answers to fix this problem...

You said you have a preamp/eq?

What kind is it? Where is it grounded?

This may sound very odd, however disconnect your ground on the EQ if your using one. The unit will still ground thru the RCA cables, just to see if it is in fact the EQ making noise. Ive seen a lot of EQs be the cause of engine whine.

Where is your amp grounded?

Did you ground your amp with a nut and bolt to the vehicles frame/chassis?

Did you remove any paint and grime away for a pure metal on metal contact?

If you grounded your amp to something like a strut tower bolt or something similar, that could also be your problem.

I only did the rear set on my HU and it took away the noise in the whole system, so its not super necessary to do all the rca jacks

This is correct, not needed to do all the rca preouts, on most head units they all share the common ground.

Wow i took aggggeeeesssss to get back on here.

Thanks for the info it will help with any future problems.

Think the main problem was my Pre-amp/Equilizer was fcked. Got that sent away a month or so back and have a brand new one now.

Haven't re installed it yet as im doing a system make over, and am going to install everything at once and do a proper build log, but hopefully that will have been the cause of the whine, if not ill try what you said.

Also i always ground to the main part of the vehicle with a clean connection and a bolt nice and tight :)

Honda Accord SirT + Mad sounds = Awesomeness

VTEC go BRAAAAAPPPP :P

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141261-99-accord-sirt-sq-build/

Alright well i never done the big 3 so i see in my vision my truck on fire...

I only did the rear set on my HU and it took away the noise in the whole system, so its not super necessary to do all the rca jacks

considering all the RCA's are grounded to the same place inside the radio you really only need to do one of them...HOWEVER: this can sometimes make your problem worse. run a16 gauge wire between the HU, pre-amp and amplifier...connect to each chassis at a screw and on the amp at the ground. This gets rid of MOST noise

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it