Im doing a install on a 95 cadi, has any of you guys done any coustom sub box work on one of these? If so,whats agood box set up on one of these. im useing a fosgate T500-1db, thinking of running 3-12" @ 1ohm or 2-12" subs @1ohm. ported or sealed just as long as it sounds good. all help welcome,thanks

i dont have any experience with that specific vehicle but i can help a little bit. what are you looking to do with your setup? im assuming just a loud daily. if thats what you want then just a ported box with subs and port rear would be the easiest option. a rockford T500-1bd isnt going to be very much power for 3 12's but you can upgrade later if you want louder. with 3 2 ohm subs you can wire it down to 1.33 ohms.

if you want it to be even louder then i would make it subs and port forward and sealed off from the trunk but that would be a little more difficult especially if its your first install.

cant wait to see you start building! good luck

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

I have the same car but decided to go wall. Haven't started yet but in the works. As far as subs its whatever you want like the other guys said two or three subs ported will be easiest option. I did two 15's in athe sealed box then went with a DD 9515 in a ported box. Both did good but due to how the trunks are in these cars all of your sound will be trapped unless you cut into the cabin. My opinion would be to cut some type of port thru the rear deck. This is why im walling trunk wasn't doing it for me. Feel free to ask any questions if you have them.

2nst7r8.png

05 Suburban

Pioneer 4200ub

4-American Bass 6.5 , 2-8" DB Drive mids and 4- Quantum Audio Supertweeters in front doors

2-DD3515 dual 2 ohm subs

Rockford Fosgate 400.4 on 8" mids

Hifonics 80.4 on 6.5 and tweets

2-Hifonics BRZ2400's strapped @2 ohms

Project Caddy in the works

95 Cadillac Deville

i dont have any experience with that specific vehicle but i can help a little bit. what are you looking to do with your setup? im assuming just a loud daily. if thats what you want then just a ported box with subs and port rear would be the easiest option. a rockford T500-1bd isnt going to be very much power for 3 12's but you can upgrade later if you want louder. with 3 2 ohm subs you can wire it down to 1.33 ohms.

if you want it to be even louder then i would make it subs and port forward and sealed off from the trunk but that would be a little more difficult especially if its your first install.

cant wait to see you start building! good luck

First off thanks for tha reply.now down to busness I have all my hi's running off a fosgate P400-4,fosgate 3.5's wired 8ohm mono with L pad for center channel,fosgate 5.25's comp.in in tha front doors and fosgate 6x9's in rear deck. my T500-1db for subs im looking at a pair of arc audio Ks 12d4's or RE audio srx 12d4's. good tight hard hitting bass with some slump is what im trying to get.how do you feel about my choice in subs, i have never used them.

Edited by 4 12 man

I have the same car but decided to go wall. Haven't started yet but in the works. As far as subs its whatever you want like the other guys said two or three subs ported will be easiest option. I did two 15's in athe sealed box then went with a DD 9515 in a ported box. Both did good but due to how the trunks are in these cars all of your sound will be trapped unless you cut into the cabin. My opinion would be to cut some type of port thru the rear deck. This is why im walling trunk wasn't doing it for me. Feel free to ask any questions if you have them.

Thanks for tha reply, im looking at a pair of RE audio srx 12d4's or Arc audio ks 12d4's on my fosgate T500-1db. I wont tight hard hitting bass with some slump, so you say it might be a good idea to port tha rear deck. ill try that,i was thinking that also. do you think my choice in subs is ok, i never tried them before.

Never heard either but both are good companies so for just a lil something either should be fine.

2nst7r8.png

05 Suburban

Pioneer 4200ub

4-American Bass 6.5 , 2-8" DB Drive mids and 4- Quantum Audio Supertweeters in front doors

2-DD3515 dual 2 ohm subs

95 Cadillac Deville

with that power you can get some 2 level 2's from dc, or 2 ascendant audio assassins, or you could go with one 15" or 18" level 3 or 4, or ascendant audio arsenal or choas with rooms to upgrade your amp later on

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

Never heard either but both are good companies so for just a lil something either should be fine.

what subs would you suggest, and i only wont to give up aboutn 6cuft.or less.

Well when I had the one 15 it was n a 5 cuft box and it took up almost my whole trunk. I would say like a dc level 3 or 4 15 in a 3-3.5 cuft box port facing driver side wall. This will get pretty loud with the amp u have.

2nst7r8.png

05 Suburban

Pioneer 4200ub

2-DD3515 dual 2 ohm subs

95 Cadillac Deville

with that power you can get some 2 level 2's from dc, or 2 ascendant audio assassins, or you could go with one 15" or 18" level 3 or 4, or ascendant audio arsenal or choas with rooms to upgrade your amp later on

yea, i hear alot about tha DC line, but never heard about ascendant audio. ima check in to em" thanks