seting up front stageing..

Ok so heres where i am im thinking of buying an pioneer d series 6.5 componet set along with an 4 chan boston acustics amp....im going to be running in usaic 600 to 1801 trunk class im trying to get an good sq score.. i know tuning will help an lot.... will this set up work good for an front stage?

SQ is a whole different kind of competing. SQ is more than just a good sounding speaker. Tonality only plays one part in competing in SQ. There are other factors like sound stage, imaging, time alignment, turn on/ turn off pop, alternator whine, white noise in the tweeters. True SQ cars almost paint a picture of what an artist or singer is doing in front of you. Sit in a world class SQ car, or even a top local competitors SQ car... It should give you new meaning to a 'good sounding' speaker.

Now to answer your question, I don't think you're going to score high with those speakers unless you have some serious processing behind them to really get them to shine, and even then it may take more than those speakers to get a decent score... But they might sound alright, have smooth response, and work for you.

Im running in stock class i cant have more or i would....it says one prossesser in dash is alowed and speakers in stock local with tweeds in a pillers. ...If this wasnt the case id run something diff like an mini dsp ect.... I just need to get an good score here not going crazy just trying to do good in the class im running....so with that said would this set up work?

usaic 600 to 1801 trunk class im trying to get an good sq score

USACI 600 - 1801 trunk class is a SPL class ... Term lab spl reading only will be judged in this class ...

If you are new to USACI and want to be judged trunk class and SQ you need to enter 2 classes ...

1. 600 - 1801 trunk class

2. Street Q or Intro SQ+ ... Judges will help you determine what class your vehicle will work in ...

Best of luck to you bro ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

work? sure. it wont be "SQ" though. whats your budget for speakers? are you going to get a processor?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I was thinking about getting one....but the guy at my local shop says id be better going with an 30 band eq....im thinking in the 5-600 doller range.....i have some rf componets but my mids were shot out of the box....

Lets get some more information. What car is it going in? What deck are you running? What model boston amp are you running? Any sound deadening?

I don't have anything to say about those speakers because I haven't tried them.

I prefer pro audio speakers over car audio speakers. I prefer running active over passive. Two things those speakers aren't. In addition, I don't run a rear stage and wouldn't advise doing so in a SQ setup.

I run selenium speakers and tweeters.

Edited by Blackedout

usaic 600 to 1801 trunk class im trying to get an good sq score

USACI 600 - 1801 trunk class is a SPL class ... Term lab spl reading only will be judged in this class ...

If you are new to USACI and want to be judged trunk class and SQ you need to enter 2 classes ...

1. 600 - 1801 trunk class

2. Street Q or Intro SQ+ ... Judges will help you determine what class your vehicle will work in ...

Best of luck to you bro ...

This could be an good thing i was under the impresson i had to do both.... i was stressin lol. ...i have the spl part ready to go but sq i was like well time to learn something new lol......

Ok well i still would like to get an good stage anyhow just so i know its there if i need it....

Lets get some more information. What car is it going in? What deck are you running? What model boston amp are you running? Any sound deadening?

I prefer pro audio speakers over car audio speakers. I prefer running active over passive. Two things those speakers aren't.

Its going in an honda accord doors have deadner...

I havent decided on the amp....

Mabe this one...

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_19572_Boston-Acoustics-GT-4100.html#tabs

I was talking to the guy at my local shop about not haveing any good midbass and wanting to do some possible sq stuff and he sayed to go with boston accustics becuse they have an setting on the amp that will make the mids sound "fat" idk lol im an noob at sq stuff... so any help would be an great learning tool for me....

I was also thinking about useing my rf tweeds i love how they sound and useing the pioneer mids...just kicking around my thoughts....

I prefer pro audio speakers over car audio speakers. I prefer running active over passive. Two things those speakers aren't.

Its going in an honda accord doors have deadner...

I havent decided on the amp....

Mabe this one...

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_19572_Boston-Acoustics-GT-4100.html#tabs

I was talking to the guy at my local shop about not haveing any good midbass and wanting to do some possible sq stuff and he sayed to go with boston accustics becuse they have an setting on the amp that will make the mids sound "fat" idk lol im an noob at sq stuff... so any help would be an great learning tool for me....

I was also thinking about useing my rf tweeds i love how they sound and useing the pioneer mids...just kicking around my thoughts....

Never heard of getting speakers to sound fat through an amp.

There are methods you can use to increase the midbass out of your door. First thing is sealing up the entire door. Raam audio has a pretty good tutorial on how to do this.

http://www.raamaudio.com/pages/How%252dTo.html

The better you can get your current speakers to sound, the better chance your future speakers will be an upgrade.

Edited by Blackedout