Second Skin Audio

How low to tune my 15" ?

First of all f3 determines how low it will play, not what its tuned to.

Secondly, its infrasonic, not "sub-sonic" Common bad info.

The question to ask is, what do i tune to in a 4cuft box to be able to play down to xx.x freq.

This is how you seperate the men from the boys. If the program your using doesnt calc for mms, qts,vas, xmax and power then your only getting a half ass design.

I love the torres calc, i use it sometimes for freq checks, but as a true tuning tool it cant do everything you need.

You can DL winisd just as easy as torres calc and it will show you everything you NEED to know.

Thats all

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

First of all f3 determines how low it will play, not what its tuned to.

Secondly, its infrasonic, not "sub-sonic" Common bad info.

The question to ask is, what do i tune to in a 4cuft box to be able to play down to xx.x freq.

This is how you seperate the men from the boys. If the program your using doesnt calc for mms, qts,vas, xmax and power then your only getting a half ass design.

I love the torres calc, i use it sometimes for freq checks, but as a true tuning tool it cant do everything you need.

You can DL winisd just as easy as torres calc and it will show you everything you NEED to know.

Thats all

I've used winisd. But I'm not trying to squeeze every decible for a all out all box, so please put me in the " I don't feel like spending 2 weeks designing my box for 3 more db " category and bear with my sub par tuning, using the forum favorite for easy tuning torres program.

Now that we have established that, I've never seen you correct anyone else when they say subsonic, although I DO understand the meaning and the use of the function. I am using the correct terminology in laymens terms, and according to this amp as well as many others.

Now that we've cleared that up, I was unable to find the tss specs on my particular sub. I am not new to winisd or designing boxes. I am knew however to designing a enclosure for a driver I have never used prior, and have no tss parameters on.

So.... I opted to use the torres calc. Does that clear any issues up? Am I being specific? Just making sure my intention and questions are clear here...

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

I didnt have an issue.

Its not my box

You can be as specific as you want in your post, then be completly non-specific in your enclosure design.

Your question was is 30hz to low for a mojo 15.... "lamen" theory is dont tune below the FS of the sub, but since you cant find TS specs on your woofer, then....... Just guess??

I dont see a point in tuning below 32-33hz and make the f3 around 27,as that will pretty much play anything you throw at it.

As for subsonic, your right... I shouldn't have brought it up, my "INTENTION" was not to confuse you.

So, cliff-notes

Tune to 32

And hope for the best

Im guessing the fs is up around 39-40 if memphis says to tune to 38, they are prob worried about the suspension on the sub.

Anything else i can NOT help you with??

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz