Cliping help

alright thanks. :good:

couldent do the oscope... he dosent have the right connectors or what ever.... but i turned it down like 1/4 of the way should this help? i mean i think it soundes better.. lol :shrug:

That sucks man.

That should definitely have helped but i'd turn it down just a little bit more to be sure until you can get it checked with an O-scope

2001 is300Headunit: JVC KD-X50BTHighs/Mids: StockHigh/Mids Amp: NASubwoofer: DC Audio LV4 12"Subwoofer Box: DLDesigns Box tuned to 32HzSubwoofer Amp: AQ 2200DElectrical: NA Performance:SRT Racing intake with ECUHKS Super Dragger 2BC Racing Coilovers

BC 264 stage 2 cams

full head build with BC Valves, Retainers, and springs

Dezod Green Race Header Comming soon/Thinking about<p>Electrical: XS power under the hood (Suggestions Welcome)​Performance: BC Cams,Cam gears, maybe GTE Swap down the lineMy YouTube Channel Subscribe and i'll return the favor!Xbox Live Team Website.My First Official Box Build.My FacebooK

• 4 weeks later...

If I turn the SW Level on the HU to +3 will it Clip sooner then 31/35?(When Isnt it tested at Flat EQ?I also turned it down I did have it on +5 :ehh: )and same with Mid LV and Treble? i have Bass on -1 does that Help with clipping? like if you put everything to -10 or what ever the max - is would you Head Unit Not clip or clip at a later state?

2001 is300Headunit: JVC KD-X50BTHighs/Mids: StockHigh/Mids Amp: NASubwoofer: DC Audio LV4 12"Subwoofer Box: DLDesigns Box tuned to 32HzSubwoofer Amp: AQ 2200DElectrical: NA Performance:SRT Racing intake with ECUHKS Super Dragger 2BC Racing Coilovers

BC 264 stage 2 cams

Dezod Green Race Header Comming soon/Thinking about<p>Electrical: XS power under the hood (Suggestions Welcome)​Performance: BC Cams,Cam gears, maybe GTE Swap down the lineMy YouTube Channel Subscribe and i'll return the favor!Xbox Live Team Website.My First Official Box Build.My FacebooK

Dont have one.

BC 264 stage 2 cams

Dont have one.

BC 264 stage 2 cams

Bump for not blowing my subs...

BC 264 stage 2 cams

What he was saying was if your amp is clipping... it doesnt matter what you head unit volume is at... So to be on the safe side.. just set your amp about half gains.. and find out the number your head unit clips at.. someone said 34 or 35 or something so dont go past that.

Also x2 on the DD-1... or find someone in town who has one that has 5 spare minutes...

What he was saying was if your amp is clipping... it doesnt matter what you head unit volume is at... So to be on the safe side.. just set your amp about half gains.. and find out the number your head unit clips at.. someone said 34 or 35 or something so dont go past that.

Also x2 on the DD-1... or find someone in town who has one that has 5 spare minutes...

This. I literally just tuned my dad's truck. It took me more time to break everything down than it took to actually set the gains/find the deck's clipping point.

If money is the issue, I'd suggest turning the gain way down until you can afford a DD1.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Yes i have my gains at halfway but i was wondering if i turned up the SW Lv on the Hu will it make it clip at a sooner point? same with treble bass and mid Lv? :shrug: i am trying to get a DD-1 Beleave me lol but im still trying to get a DMM and lots of other things new Batt stuff like that....

BC 264 stage 2 cams