Sonic Electronix

I have the Planet Audio AC1200.2 and if I use it bridged at 4 ohms I get about 900 rms. It says it is capable of tri mode operation and I would get double the amount of watts. What are the pros and cons of tri mode operation?

1998 Jeep Cherokee

Alpine HU

Crunch Powerone 300.2 mid/highs + AP15001D bass

Soon to be two OA18s

Cadence coax and sony tweets

Big three + All 1/0 wire

Optima Yellow Top

No hating on my ghetto system plz. (Im poor)

http://www.mmxpress.com/technical/multi.htm

^^ Very first google link I found at the top of the page.

Most manufacturers now offer a feature on their amplifiers known as "Multi-Mode". Kenwood calls theirs Tri-Mode, and other manufacturers have similar pet names. Basically, multi-mode allows you to run an amplifier in two channel and bridged modes at the same time.

This capability is actually inherent to most bridgeable amplifiers on the market. You can run three identical subwoofers if the amplifier is capable of handling low impedance, or using a special crossover, you can run a single sub and two pairs of full range speakers.

Googles hard.

Edited by tonedeaf

Its a 35 amp fuse and I've tested it and it puts out like 790. If that's all you have to say don't post on this thread. I didn't ask how many watts it will do. I asked about tri mode operation.

1998 Jeep Cherokee

Alpine HU

Soon to be two OA18s

Big three + All 1/0 wire

Optima Yellow Top

http://www.mmxpress.com/technical/multi.htm

^^ Very first google link I found at the top of the page.

Most manufacturers now offer a feature on their amplifiers known as "Multi-Mode". Kenwood calls theirs Tri-Mode, and other manufacturers have similar pet names. Basically, multi-mode allows you to run an amplifier in two channel and bridged modes at the same time.

This capability is actually inherent to most bridgeable amplifiers on the market. You can run three identical subwoofers if the amplifier is capable of handling low impedance, or using a special crossover, you can run a single sub and two pairs of full range speakers.

Googles hard.

So will it work without overheating is my main question. And thanks for not hating. :)

1998 Jeep Cherokee

Alpine HU

Soon to be two OA18s

Big three + All 1/0 wire

Optima Yellow Top

I was hating. I was showing you how easy google is. Do us all a favor and try using it next time, it isnt hard and cuts down on A LOT of useless threads.

As for RMS rating...their site says 450x2 @ 2ohms...pretty sure they dont make rated though. :shrug:

Its a 35 amp fuse and I've tested it and it puts out like 790. If that's all you have to say don't post on this thread. I didn't ask how many watts it will do. I asked about tri mode operation.

in that case it'll probably do 300watts, and you're measuring it very incorrectly.

but I'm quite sure its meant to have a 25amp fuse.

in that case it'll probably do 300watts, and you're measuring it very incorrectly.

but I'm quite sure its meant to have a 25amp fuse.

All I know is that the fuse in the side of my amp is a 35 amp fuse and my dad has been an electrician all his life and he measured the watts for me. Ill let you hate a little bit more though... what else do ya got...

1998 Jeep Cherokee

Alpine HU

Soon to be two OA18s

Big three + All 1/0 wire

Optima Yellow Top