formerly known as Jaylor Swift

I would go with the Acer over the Asus anyday. Looking at both models, I would say that the Acer is a better notebook. You get a better video card and larger screen. More CPU power and Acer has a better notebook production line than Asus.

Asus is good at making video cards and LCDs not good at making notebooks. Plus I wouldn't buy any notebooks from BB, because BB is not as savy as NewEgg. Read the reviews of notebook buying at BB via online and you will see what I mean.

I spent over $10,000 with NewEgg and never had one issue, spent a few hundred at BB and they gave me issues on returns!

I own 6 notebooks, and never had an issue! This is a great site for more info and reviews.

http://www.notebookreview.com/

You can read the reviews and the forum community is the largest based via notebook owners out there on the net!

Edited by xStatezOfMindZx

2 Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 P3D412 in a 4.75 cu. ft sealed box.

Alpine Type-R SPR-17S 2-way component 6.5"

Alpine SPR-57C 5" x 7" 2-Way Coaxial Speaker (Pair)

RF T1000-1bdCP

Alpine MRP-F300

62.5 SQ Ft. Audio Wrap

Stinger SPC122 Capacitor 1 Farad Chrome w/Blue Neon

Limo Tint All Back 5 Windows

2mgqurs.png

358c1w1.gif

computergeek.jpg

Thanks for the input. Very helpful

:drink40:

Well, I've worked at best buy, and if you have your receipt, and you didn't screw up the computer, they'll return it no problem. Just have your receipt so it's not a long pain in the ass to return it. As well, ask about the protection plan. Yeah, alot of people think it's a sham, but it'll cover a battery replacement. Chances are, the battery's going to go dead quite fast unless you're taking super good care of it.

As far as which computer.... Acer is usually built pretty cheap. They're a money saving brand, and will do almost anything to save a buck or two producing a computer. I personally wouldn't suggest one. I've seen more dead ones than I have good working ones.

ASUS started off as a gaming computer/ part company. They definitely know what they're doing when it comes to computers. It's a pretty solid brand. I'd almost say next best to Alienware. And unless you're going to attempt to game, the ASUS would be the better choice due to the graphics card. The ASUS has a bigger hard drive, a better processor (The AMD is a 2.2ghz quad core, whereas the i3 is a 2.1ghz dual core. However, it has hyperthreading, which means it'll operate alot more efficiently, as if it has double the cores. The iSeries processors from Intel are beast.)

Overall the ASUS is a better machine. I build computers and am going to college for Computer Science. Don't question me.

HOWEVER... When you're looking at a computer... You can't really say which is better for which price... Because it all comes down to your personal preference. The Acer is a 17", which means it's going to be a beast. If you're going to be hauling it around alot, like in college between classes or whatever, it's going to absolutely suck. However, it has a numeric keyboard. So if you're going into accounting and will be dealing with numbers alot, that keyboard would be nice to have. As well, the battery life on the Acer blows.... Up to 2.7 hours. AKA 2 hours on average at the most. When they test battery life, it's usually doing something simple like microsoft word. It's never at full load. The ASUS is up to 5 hours and 45 minutes... Or 5 hours or so. HUGE difference. The point of a laptop is to not be attached to a wall all of the time. Having a 17" one with 2 hours of battery life defeats that purpose. Almost better to get a desktop at this point in my opinion. As well with the Acer, the battery's going to go dead twice as fast since you're going to have it plugged in twice as much. Unless, like I said, you take care of it.

Best thing to do when getting a computer is to actually go into a store and look them over. Press the keys, see how you like them, if they're flimsy etc. Look at the screen, the texture of it, etc. Get the one with the features you want in a computer. Not just which is better for the money. Also check out Toshiba. They have some pretty solid, decently priced laptops. One of the Second Skin guys on the forums just got a Toshiba, I believe. Turns out he loves it.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

I'd look this model up on Toshiba's website, Satellite L770-BT4N22 Laptop it's $545 so just a HAIR over what you set as a price but Toshiba laptops are solid I have owned two and I own a Toshiba Thrive Tablet. Cannot say I have anything bad to say about their products.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder