HID Pictures & Questions

3000k will emit a yellow light

5000k will emit a Bright white light

6000K will emit a Bright white light with a hint of blue

8000k will emit a Bright Blue light

after that it will gradually turn into a purple light that you see on the BMW 7series

edit: Most people use 4800k and the 5000k range

mmm my lights arent purple tho... id say bright white with a hint of blue

[glow=red,2,300]after that it will gradually turn into a purple light that you see on the BMW 7series

edit: Most people use 4800k and the 5000k range[/glow]Actually the BMW and all those cars that come with them factory are all I believe 6,000K or under. Your are right, around 10,000K and higher is when the purple starts coming in.

[glow=red,2,300]after that it will gradually turn into a purple light that you see on the BMW 7series

edit: Most people use 4800k and the 5000k range[/glow]Actually the BMW and all those cars that come with them factory are all I believe 6,000K or under. Your are right, around 10,000K and higher is when the purple starts coming in.

hes just saying that most people use 4800k-5000k but hes saying the 7 series is above that range. and the 6000k factory thing is not necessarily true my friends 06 nissan maxima hids are extremely purple (ugly imo) i think thats in the 10000k range. on my car when you look up close the lights are bluish white with a little purple but the further and further you get away from it the more purplish blue it gets. so if you look at it from a quarter of a mile away it looks purple

Guest MegaloManiac

the projector aka lens just refracts the light evenly so there are no hotspots. I might have mistaken the lights from the 6series or so... but oh well..i hope you didnt buy the car based on that "fact"

the projector aka lens just refracts the light evenly so there are no hotspots. I might have mistaken the lights from the 6series or so... but oh well..i hope you didnt buy the car based on that "fact"

hahaha nah i didnt but something tells me the lens is gonna be the same on the 6 series as the 7 series  ;D pretty sure the 5 6 and 7 series all have the same hids just the housing is in a different shape/ form

im about to make a small vid of the light warmin up and the different shit that they do lol theyre some pretty damn complex lights imo

Archived