AD244 voltage

So I installed dual 220a ad244 Alts on my 95 burb and there working great but I'd like to get the voltage up a bit. Right now there put out 14.4 steady and I'd like to see 15.4 or so out of them. Is there any thing I can do other then externally regulating them to get higher voltage. I tired all my tricks that work on late models. Thanks.

Mechman adjustable voltage harness. i just ordered mine for my 3- alternators.I have the xs vcm but it is sketchy sometimes it adjusts sometimes it dont

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

So I installed dual 220a ad244 Alts on my 95 burb and there working great but I'd like to get the voltage up a bit. Right now there put out 14.4 steady and I'd like to see 15.4 or so out of them. Is there any thing I can do other then externally regulating them to get higher voltage. I tired all my tricks that work on late models. Thanks.

I think there are also kits you can get that replace the internal regulator that up the voltage. If you want to tinker there is a thread around here somewhere with some alts listed which explains and covers the items needed to do it yourself. Obviously doing it yourself could result in frying your electrical so just keep that in mind.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

That mod is no problem at all for us at the shop. As for a VCM or the other adjustable peice it won't won't due to the way my truck turns the Alts on. On a 96 2wire it would be done by now. All the computer In my tuck does is turn it on. Doesn't measure "load or draw". Got a link for that thread btw???

• 2 weeks later...

Archived