Second Skin Audio

best sealed 15?

thanks for the info guys. i change my mind entirely too much lol. even when i think my ideas are simple they end up being difficult. i was doing some research and i think that a 18" fi q in a 4 cu ft sealed box will get me what im looking for.

yes i would suggest this too remember to get the high QTS for sealed applications and 6cf for the 18 might hit the notes lower

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

Have you considered going down to maybe a 12inch sub so you can run a properly sized ported enclosure? If done right a ported box can get just as tight and punchy as a sealed box. You just need the right woofer and an enclosure designed for your music taste, listening habits, and in car acoustics. It sounds like more of a pain in the ass than it is I swear.

A whole world of options open up for you when you port an enclosure, you can adjust box volume and vent area to account for power used and cone control as well as what notes you'd like to be more prevalent. It really is a superior design.

I can guarantee that given the same power a 12 in a well designed and implemented vented enclosure will deliver output and SQ performance exceeding that of a 15 or more so an 18 in a sealed enclosure. ESPECIALLY one that runs on the small side. You could end up with a sealed 18 that has -3 down point in the high 30 to low 40hz range if your choking it in a sealed box that's too small.

better a smaller woofer in the right box than a huge woofer in the wrong box

Alpine F1 Status

DD CS6.5 x2 Front Stage

DD 9512H

DD M4a @ 2 ohm

DD S2b @ 8 ohm per channel

I run high ohn loads for MASSIVE headroom and cleaner SQ

270amp alt

D2400 up front

D3100 x2 batter in back