Second Skin Audio

recomendations plz

You might be able to get away with a couple 4xls in a sealed enclosure with that much power. After box rise, the subs won't be seeing 7kw. Sealed boxes provide more cone control, so the suspension shouldn't struggle too much with the power. Talk to rusty about how it'll run in a sealed box.

I'd go 2 tens and port it would sound better imo.

And ^^^that guy Xls will not sound like they should sealed. 2 XL 10s ported on 2k each would be golden.

Edited by deeje

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

And ^^^that guy Xls will not sound like they should sealed. 2 XL 10s ported on 2k each would be golden.

The closest thing I've seen an XL to sealed is a 4th order. So I figured if they can hang on the sealed side of a 4th order and sound good doing it, they might work in a sealed box. Though I don't have any personal experience, and you might... The 4th order thought crossed my mind, which is why I said you might be able to get away with a 4xl.

But I'd have to agree with you. I'd run 2 10s ported any day over 2 12s sealed.

The closest thing I've seen an XL to sealed is a 4th order. So I figured if they can hang on the sealed side of a 4th order and sound good doing it, they might work in a sealed box. Though I don't have any personal experience, and you might... The 4th order thought crossed my mind, which is why I said you might be able to get away with a 4xl.

But I'd have to agree with you. I'd run 2 10s ported any day over 2 12s sealed.

I have a box just collecting dust so I really do want to spend time or money on another box.