Jump to content

46panel's 6 18's walled in the Explorer


Recommended Posts

Posted

just remember a box can never be to strong... ;)

MOAR LAYERZ! :popcorn:

Yea I'd love to, but it's feeling pretty solid and still need to add the braces so it's going to have to be about good, and the money I don't have doesn't help ha.

I'm mainly concerned about my port area. 1:1.75 ratio with 25 cubes ported space. I am thinking of doing like 450" of port area tuned around 40-43. I'm wanting this thing to get lowww so does that sound about right?

1946 Chevy Panel Truck: For Sale

1999 Ford Explorer XLT

Subs: Ten Obsidian Audio 15's

Sub Amps: Five American Bass 120.1's

Speakers: American Bass mids and selenium tweeters

Speaker Amp: Mb Quart Dsc4125

Electrical: DC power 250amp alt, 6 batteries

http://www.youtube.com/user/46panel

Posted

Very nice progress man, i honestly think 450SQ of port is more than enough on your design if you ask me, specially if you want to play LOW as hell, bigger port would need more lenght and internal space of the port chamber would shrink even more giving you something like 1.5 : 1 ratio, with 1526" of cone area and a 42 hz tuning on a BP i wouldn´t worry too much right now because you sir are gonna move TONS of air!!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Posted

yep itll get loooooow :peepwall::lol: .

i hope u meant 1.75:1 ratio... :ehh: .

Sealed side smaller then ported so whatever way you want to look at it.

Very nice progress man, i honestly think 450SQ of port is more than enough on your design if you ask me, specially if you want to play LOW as hell, bigger port would need more lenght and internal space of the port chamber would shrink even more giving you something like 1.5 : 1 ratio, with 1526" of cone area and a 42 hz tuning on a BP i wouldn´t worry too much right now because you sir are gonna move TONS of air!!!

Yea that's what I'm thinking. The port is going to be on the outside of the box tho, so it wont' take up room on the inside of the box.

1946 Chevy Panel Truck: For Sale

1999 Ford Explorer XLT

Subs: Ten Obsidian Audio 15's

Sub Amps: Five American Bass 120.1's

Speakers: American Bass mids and selenium tweeters

Speaker Amp: Mb Quart Dsc4125

Electrical: DC power 250amp alt, 6 batteries

http://www.youtube.com/user/46panel

Posted

I think I'm going to add some polyfill in the sealed section. I should have 2.25-2.3 cubes per sub right now. Would rather 2.5-2.75 so maybe that will help make up for it? Ray suggested that idea

1946 Chevy Panel Truck: For Sale

1999 Ford Explorer XLT

Subs: Ten Obsidian Audio 15's

Sub Amps: Five American Bass 120.1's

Speakers: American Bass mids and selenium tweeters

Speaker Amp: Mb Quart Dsc4125

Electrical: DC power 250amp alt, 6 batteries

http://www.youtube.com/user/46panel

Posted

id try it without polyfill 1st. ive seen 18s in as little as 1.7 or 1.8 cubes sealed.

Well it's already on. Just going to do that wall and call it good. It's just I'm not going to have a ton of power right away and want to make sure it gets low.

a25dca24.jpg

1946 Chevy Panel Truck: For Sale

1999 Ford Explorer XLT

Subs: Ten Obsidian Audio 15's

Sub Amps: Five American Bass 120.1's

Speakers: American Bass mids and selenium tweeters

Speaker Amp: Mb Quart Dsc4125

Electrical: DC power 250amp alt, 6 batteries

http://www.youtube.com/user/46panel

Posted

Really nice progress man.. Clean.. Take your time and dont rush it.. it will payoff..:good:

Jay :drinks:

Posted

i thought u meant u were going to FILL the sealed chambers with polyfill... :pardon::lol: .

that small amount wont effect a lot tho.

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

Posted

Really nice progress man.. Clean.. Take your time and dont rush it.. it will payoff..:good:

Jay :drinks:

Thanks man, its getting VERY close. But now I work all weekend, so won't get a chance till the end of that. Butttt it will be up and playing by the end of next week! :)

i thought u meant u were going to FILL the sealed chambers with polyfill... :pardon::lol: .

that small amount wont effect a lot tho.

Lol nope not doing that ha, and yea I just had it laying around so figured I'd throw it in there for the heck of it.

1946 Chevy Panel Truck: For Sale

1999 Ford Explorer XLT

Subs: Ten Obsidian Audio 15's

Sub Amps: Five American Bass 120.1's

Speakers: American Bass mids and selenium tweeters

Speaker Amp: Mb Quart Dsc4125

Electrical: DC power 250amp alt, 6 batteries

http://www.youtube.com/user/46panel

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 739 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...