another capacitor question..

i know theres been lots of capacitor threads, lots of negatives etc.

but im running 1700rms @ 2 ohms off my hifonics BRZ 2400.1D, im getting just a little bit of dimming on my STOCK electrical. im picking up some 00/0awg wire for the big 3 , and looking into putting a deep cycle battery or two in my truck.

but i was looking on Kijiji, and noticed a couple caps ( Stinger and Rockford ) for like 50$ each, have the volt meters which my truck doesnt have.. so iwas thinking, would you do any harm hooking up the capacitor in my truck? I have a slight idea how they work.. maybe help my dimming slightly, and mainly have a voltage meter . so lemme know whatcha think

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

i know theres been lots of capacitor threads, lots of negatives etc.

but im running 1700rms @ 2 ohms off my hifonics BRZ 2400.1D, im getting just a little bit of dimming on my STOCK electrical. im picking up some 00/0awg wire for the big 3 , and looking into putting a deep cycle battery or two in my truck.

but i was looking on Kijiji, and noticed a couple caps ( Stinger and Rockford ) for like 50$ each, have the volt meters which my truck doesnt have.. so iwas thinking, would you do any harm hooking up the capacitor in my truck? I have a slight idea how they work.. maybe help my dimming slightly, and mainly have a voltage meter . so lemme know whatcha think

just get a battery and volt meter instead of the capacitor :good:

Hahah damn cody

She ain't that sexy. I wouldn't even let her blow me. Those 10 pounds of make up would end up all over my crotch.

you dont find dubstep, dubstep finds you

hu: Pioneer MVH - P8300BT

mids: Alpine sps-600 all four corners

highs: Addictive Audio ECST25A,Memphis PR tweeters back

sub: 15 inch crossfire bmf

box: 4 cubes at 38 hz

amp: Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 25 To Life

140.7 on a non sealed trunk car with a five channel so far (old sub audiobahn aw1505q)

Build Log

http://www.stevemead...ima-56k-beware/

Feedback

http://www.stevemead...s-bfd-feedback/

^^ Agreed. You're not at the point where a cap would help. It would actually hurt your system the way it sits.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

i cant find a voltmeter anywhere, and i dont want to cut my dash to make the volt meter mount nicely, where a cap i can just mount to the front of my box easily lol

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Bushwacker fender flares

what Point, would someone need a cap then?

Bushwacker fender flares

what Point, would someone need a cap then?

It can help when you have proper high voltage such as a H/O altnerator and a decent set of AGM batteries. It wont boost voltage, like most people think it does. It can stabilize and clean power up, once there is enough.

You can get volt meters on ebay for $5. I have one mounted under my dash with double sided tape. It actually looks stock, and I didnt cut anything.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Archived