Sundown Audio

I have a Sundown SA12 d2 on a Soundstream 1600d. I just want to know how warm the cone should get after beating it for a while. Should it get warm or will it always stay cool?

Just a short video of my setup

Edited by twomanytoys

Shouldn't get very hot. If at all. How long were you playing?

And dare I ask how your gains were set?

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

cone or dust cap?

pulp paper doesnt transfer heat very well, the poly dome right above the coil will

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Shouldn't get very hot. If at all. How long were you playing?

And dare I ask how your gains were set?

Well I did a little 4 min youtube video and the cone was warm. Gains are set about half way and bass boost is zero. I know its over powered running it at 1 ohm. I can rewire it at 4 ohms @700rms.

one way or another your sub will get warm, cause about 30-40% of power going to it transfers into heat.

At one point it started to stink so I let off but I was really giving it alot. The sub is only a week old so Im still in the break in period.

one way or another your sub will get warm, cause about 30-40% of power going to it transfers into heat.

At one point it started to stink so I let off but I was really giving it alot. The sub is only a week old so Im still in the break in period.

n

How is it that these subs are so loud and handle more than rated? A better question is why are they rated so low but they friggin pound. I see all over the internet most are running them with no less than 1000watts without hurting them.

Thee dust cap will be warm, that's normal... if it starts stinking then back off of it.... I believe jacob said somewhere that he underrates the woofers because no matter What he rates them at, he knows people will put double to them... id say that's about the perfect amount of power for it... just make sure the signal stays clean

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?