Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I am wanting to seal off the trunk with 2 15's but i am having a hard time designing a box with enough port. My max dimensions are 36 wide 37 deep 17 high

The subs will be two dc xl's off a 3k or 5k have not fully decided. it will be fully sealed off as best as i can i am going to glass the rear deck to eliminate the holes and improve strength

Does anyone know how i can fit more port with the width i have

Edited by optical
Posted (edited)

IMAG0026-1.jpg

IMAG0017-1.jpg

IMAG0020-1.jpg

IMAG0023-1.jpg

The rear deck will be glassed and no rear fill will be used

Edited by optical
Posted

I have a '97 GP and you need to allow room for the box to drop into the trunk, unless you cut a hole big enuf to slide it in the front. So the box can only be 16-17'' deep, and then you mite have to put the box in and then the woofer if the lip of the woofer sticks out too much! You will still have about 4 cu ft.... I just got a 15'' SMD ... Workin on a dual alt bracket for the 3800 V6...

Pontiac Grand Prix GT
400a Mean Machine alt.

EIGHT DD 12''s on a DDz2
DD vo 8''s,6''s,5.25''s&tweets
Norfolk, VA
http://www.youtube.c...ser/ovnorfolkva
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSPLSpot/473815915987218/?notif_t=group_activity#!/chrishova
http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1[/color]

Posted

yes the box will be going in from the cabin of the car to allow maximum depth as the opening of our trunks is big but limited from the curves. I might have to just stick with 2 12's than which is plenty fine. What do you charge for a design ram

Posted

I wanted TWO 15''s at first, I ''settled'' for 1BIG 15''...

Pontiac Grand Prix GT
400a Mean Machine alt.

EIGHT DD 12''s on a DDz2
DD vo 8''s,6''s,5.25''s&tweets
Norfolk, VA
http://www.youtube.c...ser/ovnorfolkva
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSPLSpot/473815915987218/?notif_t=group_activity#!/chrishova
http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1[/color]

Posted

yes the box will be going in from the cabin of the car to allow maximum depth as the opening of our trunks is big but limited from the curves. I might have to just stick with 2 12's than which is plenty fine. What do you charge for a design ram

Doing two 12's will allow for plenty of room to fit everything properly. Follow the "Get a custom design quote" link in my sig to get directed to my website where you can input all info and get a quote before submitting the info to me.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs


I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>


2200+ designs since March 2011...

Posted

I'm debating what I should do I am wanting something thats going to get loud. Was thinking about a 4th or 6th order with 1 15 or 2 12s sealed off from trunk. I also want to be able to play a pretty wide distance of music. What would any of you do if you were in my position. Amp will be dc 3 or 5k no matter the setup

Posted

any ideas what would sound better and hit pretty hard my only and main goal is sounding clean and being slightly louder than 2 L7 12's that my buddys got

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15549 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...