Finally got some free time to do a little work on the doors again. It's not much but it is forward progress.

This is the first coat of resin over the cloth.

101_0880.jpg

Then, the first layer with fiberglass mat.

101_0881.jpg

Then, the way it looks after some initial sanding.

101_0883.jpg

I came home and was going to get a little work done this evening while it was cool. My plan quickly went up in smoke...literally. The right angle die grinder I was using to get the rough shape down kicked the bucket on me. :sad: So no progress 'til I get a replacement

Well, I've been wanting to start on my doors for a long time, I was just really unsure about how to re-attach the inner and outer pieces. I never even thought of using a whole new center section. So now that you have shown me the way, I will start on my door panels today. Thank you!

I just have one little question. Where in the world do I find 1/4" MDF?

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Well, I've been wanting to start on my doors for a long time, I was just really unsure about how to re-attach the inner and outer pieces. I never even thought of using a whole new center section. So now that you have shown me the way, I will start on my door panels today. Thank you!

I just have one little question. Where in the world do I find 1/4" MDF?

I live in a small town so finding 4x8 sheets of 1/4" is impossible here. However Lowes and HomeDepot both have 2x4 sheets that work perfect for these doors. Glad to see I inspired someone. :drinks:

I was able to get a little work in this after noon on the doors. I went and picked up some black vinyl for the door base. Then on the pods I did a little manual labor. Body filler, sand, repeat. I won't bore y'all with more repetative pics. Hopefully I will at least get some primer on the pods this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to doing some work on the doors today. I know you guys and girls don't like reading and, are only here for the pictures. :) SO........

Isn't this a pretty mid??

101_0887.jpg

Here is the finished passenger door. I still have to put the driver's side together. Hopefully will get that done tomorrow.

101_0891.jpg

I am glad to see these doors getting finished. That means it will be time for wiring and building the sub enclosure. ;)

Archived