I love your PT. Great job! Inspiring.

Keep the pix coming! Can you show some pics of your bags & controls? Need more inspiration.

I'll share what I did to my PT so far in October 2011.

I've got a stock daily driver 05 PT. Pro-Audio doors & tweets and a single Audiobahn 12 (AW1206T 1100RMS 96.4SPL). My first custom box 1.7cu^3 16x4x42 port tuned at 42Hz. Pioneer G-7100M 360W RMS mono amp running at 2 ohms. Even so it's reaching 129dB. I still need to build a amp rack but I have some other issues to deal with first. You can check out a video I made for some family & friends. I think the box came out pretty cool for a first time box.

I am having some serious light dimming and even triggered an engine light a couple of times related to low voltage at the transmission control unit. I ran 1/0 power from the RedTop and am running 4ga ground from the dist block to the amp and 1/0 from the chassis to the dist block. I was measuring 14.2V at the mono amp with the engine idling no music. Kick in the music and I was dropping below 12V at the amp. I upgraded the battery ground and 2 engine grounds to 1/0 and my amp voltage doesn't drop below 12.6V. Lights still dim. I still need to upgrade my positive alternator to 1/0. The stock alternator is rated at 120amps but I have my doubts the alternator power upgrade alone will solve my light dimming completely. I need to crawl under and check the model number of the alternator. I think the previous owner installed an 85amp from a Neon. So my next project is to upgrade the alt pos first and then on to a high output 220amp alternator and a green belt. Then I can start thinking about the second battery, up the amp RMS and upgrade the front stage.

Hope you win the Kicker package!

Thanks for checking out my build. There are a few cruiser builds on here, be sure to check them all out. Check out the ones by, purplehaze, ptcary, and neofrog.

Adding a second battery is what cured my light dimming. The big 3 didn't.

As for the air ride, it is pretty straight forward. Air struts in front, bags replace coils in the rear and it is controlled by a 7 switch box.

Hey man, I hate to be nosy, but I was wondering about how much the air ride cost ya roughly?

I'm thinking I need wheels and bags this year :peepwall:

Thanks. And how is your build coming along? Anything new brewing?

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Hey man, I hate to be nosy, but I was wondering about how much the air ride cost ya roughly?

I'm thinking I need wheels and bags this year :peepwall:

Thanks. And how is your build coming along? Anything new brewing?

I have no idea what the air ride cost. It has been put together piece by piece. I can give you some roughprices for some of the parts. Struts $1300.00, bags 180.00, compressors, 400.00, valves 45.00 x 8, switchbox, 80.00, gauges 25.00 x 2, tank 60.00. these are just some ballpark prices and you still need wire, air line, fittings, etc.

Nothing new right now with the cruiser. I still haven't gotten it running yet. I would like to redo the rear suspension before changing the system any. But.......maybe 2 SA-12s in the near future??? :peepwall:

Archived