Sonic Electronix

subs making a crackling noise

it's sealed its a pos it feels like it's falling apart these subs and amp are also really old like 5-6 years maybe

i just need to know how to fix it before my brother finds out. he has a memphis 2 channel line driver that he got for an extra bass boost i doubt a i blew the subs but i may have. i have bad luck with memphis products

turn it on and look at the box and see if the panels are pulling apart. how old the box? is it screwed together or just nails?

actually with a sealed box the easier way would be to just push on one sub. the other sub in the same chamber should move outward. hold the sub in after you push and see how long the second sub stays out. that will give you a gauge on how sealed the box actually is.

the box is made out of some cheep wood it's carpeted and i don't feel like taking the carpet off but at some places it's slowing turning into dust and can be be rubbed off. the subs still play good. now that someone mentioned it i remember my RE used to do that and i needed new RCA cables so i may try that but he got his line driver because he couldn't stand the fact that my 1 15 beat his 4 12s lol

i didn't set the gain on the amp or line driver so i have no idea to be honest

putting a line driver in is the exact same thing as turning the gain up more. if the subs are blown its not your fault. your brother set it up for failure and it was only a matter of time before the subs failed.

when i push down on 1 sub the other 3 all move

it's sealed its a pos it feels like it's falling apart these subs and amp are also really old like 5-6 years maybe

i just need to know how to fix it before my brother finds out. he has a memphis 2 channel line driver that he got for an extra bass boost i doubt a i blew the subs but i may have. i have bad luck with memphis products

turn it on and look at the box and see if the panels are pulling apart. how old the box? is it screwed together or just nails?

actually with a sealed box the easier way would be to just push on one sub. the other sub in the same chamber should move outward. hold the sub in after you push and see how long the second sub stays out. that will give you a gauge on how sealed the box actually is.

the box is made out of some cheep wood it's carpeted and i don't feel like taking the carpet off but at some places it's slowing turning into dust and can be be rubbed off. the subs still play good. now that someone mentioned it i remember my RE used to do that and i needed new RCA cables so i may try that but he got his line driver because he couldn't stand the fact that my 1 15 beat his 4 12s lol

i didn't set the gain on the amp or line driver so i have no idea to be honest

putting a line driver in is the exact same thing as turning the gain up more. if the subs are blown its not your fault. your brother set it up for failure and it was only a matter of time before the subs failed.

when i push down on 1 sub the other 3 all move

when you hold that one down do the other 3 end up going back to normal?i think its the box.i thought i blew my sub the other nite but it was just the box falling apart lol..took the center part out of a prefab so i could just use 1 sub in it...turn it up and look at the box and see if the front,back or sides is flexin.

xbox 360 gamertag-greenrocks420

Not insulting you or anything, but did you just call us "bloody winging fairies" ?

i push 1 of the them down the other 3 go up

yea i get that..but when you hold that 1 down do the other 3 end up going back down to where they were in the first place or do they stay up?

xbox 360 gamertag-greenrocks420

Not insulting you or anything, but did you just call us "bloody winging fairies" ?

i push 1 of the them down the other 3 go up

yea i get that..but when you hold that 1 down do the other 3 end up going back down to where they were in the first place or do they stay up?

oh i gotcha they all stay up i think i'll have to go look in a few

okay i just got a chance to look when i push any one 1 of the down they all 3 go up and slowly come back down

doesnt sound like its the box then.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived