Sonic Electronix

subs making a crackling noise

sup guys i've been driving my brother tahoe for the past couple of weeks and i just noticed the subs making a crackling sound i donno if somehow i managed to blow the subs or what they are 4 memphis prs with a 1k memphis pr amp all 4 of the subs are doing it

Did the box break a seal?

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

it's sealed its a pos it feels like it's falling apart these subs and amp are also really old like 5-6 years maybe

i just need to know how to fix it before my brother finds out. he has a memphis 2 channel line driver that he got for an extra bass boost i doubt a i blew the subs but i may have. i have bad luck with memphis products

lol there are so many things that could have gone wrong in this situation. Is the gain on the amp cranked? Is bass boost on the amp turned up? You need to ditch the line driver all together, or at least tell your bro that. Do the subs still play? They may just be slowly dying because you're clipping them to hell.

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

it's sealed its a pos it feels like it's falling apart these subs and amp are also really old like 5-6 years maybe

i just need to know how to fix it before my brother finds out. he has a memphis 2 channel line driver that he got for an extra bass boost i doubt a i blew the subs but i may have. i have bad luck with memphis products

turn it on and look at the box and see if the panels are pulling apart. how old the box? is it screwed together or just nails?

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!

If every sub is making the noise then it's going to be from the amp,rca patch cord's or h/u, possible something in the amp went and is giving you a heads up before causing more problems. Do you have something to else to hookup as far as extra sub or an amp to see if that may be the problem, diagnosing does require having some good known working equipment so when you hook something up you can then begin to eliminate each piece as you move down the line checking.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

the box is made out of some cheep wood it's carpeted and i don't feel like taking the carpet off but at some places it's slowing turning into dust and can be be rubbed off. the subs still play good. now that someone mentioned it i remember my RE used to do that and i needed new RCA cables so i may try that but he got his line driver because he couldn't stand the fact that my 1 15 beat his 4 12s lol

i didn't set the gain on the amp or line driver so i have no idea to be honest

turn it on and look at the box and see if the panels are pulling apart. how old the box? is it screwed together or just nails?

actually with a sealed box the easier way would be to just push on one sub. the other sub in the same chamber should move outward. hold the sub in after you push and see how long the second sub stays out. that will give you a gauge on how sealed the box actually is.

the box is made out of some cheep wood it's carpeted and i don't feel like taking the carpet off but at some places it's slowing turning into dust and can be be rubbed off. the subs still play good. now that someone mentioned it i remember my RE used to do that and i needed new RCA cables so i may try that but he got his line driver because he couldn't stand the fact that my 1 15 beat his 4 12s lol

i didn't set the gain on the amp or line driver so i have no idea to be honest

putting a line driver in is the exact same thing as turning the gain up more. if the subs are blown its not your fault. your brother set it up for failure and it was only a matter of time before the subs failed.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

yep. that would work too. if its like mine its the wood. i gotta put more screws in my box when it cools down a little later was listening to some decaf and it losened the screws on my sub and pulled stripped some screws out of the wood

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!

Archived