2.1 system for home/apt

Well, Currently ive got the pioneer system that they launched to match the original xbox. One my my speakers is starting to crackle, time for a replacement. Currently, and for the next few years, ill be apartment/house hopping as im a college student, so im going to stick with a 2.1, ive installed a 6.1 at home for my dad and, well, im not fishing wires through walls for a house I dont own. I already have warned my neighbors to come to me if its too loud ever. The 5.1 ive got set up right now is more like a 3.1, so that is another possibility. I dont mind the way the mids/highs sound usually, but my current system lacks in the bass department. It was a HTIB. Worked great for 5 years, now a bit worn out. Id like to keep somewhere around 50-100w RMS to each chanel. (currently in my car im running 100w to each door and 900 to the subs, not enough....) In the past ive helped my dad set up, no, more of i set up the stereo and he just told me what to do, lots of running wires through crawlspaces, then up walls, and back to the box with all the banana clips behind the entertainment center. Way more detailed than im trying to get, and also, he picked out the components. Denon receiver, boston acoustic speakers, all that shit. I really have no clue what im doing here. I cant find any 3.1 home amps (admittedly i just started looking) and im not sure what exactly it is that i need. I would like a nice powered sub, and have plans to make some nice speakers using raw drivers. Could i just build all the speakers/crossovers/boxes myself (the way i want to do it but lack a table saw or place for one) have an amp built into the back of each one and have just some sort of....idk, like a 9887 with the internal amp turned off just pushing out signal levels? Or, for moneys sake, is there some way i can get a nice/decent 2(3).1 system that has decent bass? If i had the resources i could easily go buy a nice reciever and a 5.1 set and just stack the front and satelite (like my HTIB is set up now) and leave the center in front of the TV.

IF this didnt make sense, im sorry, medication makes me a bit....rambly and all off focus...so yeah, if anything is unclear and you need it cleared up, holler at me and ill be glad to clear it up.

Thanks in advance guys.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking for, but here are some 2.1 systems.

Also, what is this going to be used for? Music/movies/games? My knowledge doesn't really exceed more than searching for speakers on newegg, but maybe someone else can help you, especially if you want to build your own (would be a cool project.)

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking for, but here are some 2.1 systems.

Also, what is this going to be used for? Music/movies/games? My knowledge doesn't really exceed more than searching for speakers on newegg, but maybe someone else can help you, especially if you want to build your own (would be a cool project.)

tv/games/movies/music (mostly) Its a all in one system. I currently have a 5.1 set up as a 3.1

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Also, i fool around a bit with some music production on my laptop, so yeah, 20-20k is kinda a must here, i realize im probably gunna spend a pretty penny, but its worth it to me. I may buy studio monitors and an external sub to handle the lows (most studio monitors in my price range go down to 60Hz....)

In that case, I would say the one skullz linked looks pretty nice. If you're looking for "bigger" speakers, that are more geared towards home theater, you could try something like this:

Amp

Speakers

Powered Sub

I actually own that subwoofer, and It's not great for music, but it does add some bass, and sounds nice for movies, and presumably games.

Yeah, you'll probably want a better sub then for your music, doesn't really hit 20hz. But really any powered sub, amp, and pair of bookshelf type speakers should be alright. Just make sure the powered sub and the amp are compatible (if the sub doesn't have high level input/output, you'll need an amp that has pre amp outs.)

Edited by LZTYBRN

i base this on u haveing to move back n forth so it wont be a stay at one place for a long time thing so, why not try pawn shops? u could find something that fits ur needs and budget i guess

my logitech 580 i think has 5 speakers but wired in stereo as i have no 3.1-5.1 sound card, its like a good 3.1 and carrys each range pritty good, for around $80 its worth it

i think more of this is what kinda budget u want, do u want crazy loud or just clean sound with good bass, or something of that sort, theres so much different stuff that will fill the blanks its wierd

like my buddy has 2 peavy b&w 18'' 3ways ran off of a old realistic amp and its amazing, but ied rather listen to my "upgraded" bookshelf system

if ur budget is somewhat reasonable i would suggest getting a good 2ch home recever, some good bookshelf speakers, and a powered sub

if u look at the right places u could get said stuff for around $100-$200, but that can drasticly go to $500-$800+ depending on needs, thats why i said check local pawn shops, i found some good deals, i got alot of klh speakers from pawn shop, they have pritty good sound with or without a sub

but lets find out what kinda budget ur working with and we can go from there, do u want studio quality sound or something that sounds good and portable?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Used is always a good option, especially if it's something that's more or less "temporary."

In fact I went to a Good Will yesterday to check it out. I was surprised to find about 3-4 complete 5.1 systems, a couple receivers, and some seemingly good quality bookshelf speakers.