Ext cab, under seat spl? Critique my design.

Ok my mission is to fit two 12" type r's (yes, i know.... type r's, its the main brand i sell at my shop) underneath of my rear seat in my 03 silverado. I want to keep the back seat but still be able to throw up some decent numbers. Im not looking to hit 150 or anything like that lol, id like to at least be around the 138-141 range,

anyways the arghsss will be ran off Alpine's M2000 (2000wrms @ 2) and here is a quick design i threw up in google sketchup, im looking at about 3.5-4cft after displacment.

Trying to use an 8" aero, but might have to resort to a 6"...

the box will also be designed around a interchangable aeroport so i can tune it down to around 33hz for daily driving (as its my daily driver) and then ill shorten it up for comps.

Oh and btw i will be making a new seat all together with the box being part of the seat.

Subs downfire in a "sorta" clamshell design with the port to the drivers side.

dualttr2.png

dualtr1.png

this is with it raised off the ground 5 inches (how tall the hump is in the center of the truck)

dualttr33.png

dualttr3.png

dualttr44.png

dualttr4.png

Let me know what u think

The last design is similar to mine, except I don't use the v shaped mounting surfaces. It's super simple, and works very well. I experimented with forward firing, upfiring, and downfiring and basically a wedge box with legs, downfiring was the best setup I found as far as loudness, and good on music.

Edit: Just saw that this was in the SPL section, I'm not an SPL guy by any means. From what I've gathered forward firing seems to be the best bet for SPL under the seat. Just didn't sound that great overall in my Titan.

Edited by 727Designs

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

The last design is similar to mine, except I don't use the v shaped mounting surfaces. It's super simple, and works very well. I experimented with forward firing, upfiring, and downfiring and basically a wedge box with legs, downfiring was the best setup I found as far as loudness, and good on music.

Edit: Just saw that this was in the SPL section, I'm not an SPL guy by any means. From what I've gathered forward firing seems to be the best bet for SPL under the seat. Just didn't sound that great overall in my Titan.

Sounds good, the only reason i have it "v-firing" is to fit two 12's on one side, if i didnt do it the inside sub would rub against the hump in the center of the truck

Sounds good, the only reason i have it "v-firing" is to fit two 12's on one side, if i didnt do it the inside sub would rub against the hump in the center of the truck

How deep is it? Any way you could stagger them ever so slightly to get them to fit without the V? That would give you just a touch more airspace as well.

224149_131551856920261_129634487111998_226778_6159178_n.jpg

There is my setup.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

How deep is it? Any way you could stagger them ever so slightly to get them to fit without the V? That would give you just a touch more airspace as well.

Id love too... but i really only have 23" to work with from the door to the edge of the hump, so thats the lowest that V will come down... U never know tho, it might make some bad ass loading of the curve of that hump lol

I'm just trying to think on airspace. That was my main issue under the seat, my box actually protrudes about 1.5" in the front until I get my seat lift finished because I couldn't quite get enough space otherwise. I managed 3.25 net with 15 in^2 port per cube for my SA-15 under there.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

I'm just trying to think on airspace. That was my main issue under the seat, my box actually protrudes about 1.5" in the front until I get my seat lift finished because I couldn't quite get enough space otherwise. I managed 3.25 net with 15 in^2 port per cube for my SA-15 under there.

yea im not to worried about that, im making an entirely new bench portion of the seat. so i can basically make the box as tall as need be (as long as people arent crunching their heads on the roof of my truck :P )

yea im not to worried about that, im making an entirely new bench portion of the seat. so i can basically make the box as tall as need be (as long as people arent crunching their heads on the roof of my truck :P )

Lol that was an issue in mine. With my 2" seat lift anyone taller than 6' will be close. My 6' 2" buddy can't wear a hat back there. Lol

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

Cut the center of the seat out?

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.