Sundown Audio

Having A Protect Problem

TheInfamousImpala

True that bro. Nice car too. Maybe it was just a simple problem and quick fix for him. Also hope he didn't have to take the system to the shop. Shops these days are gettin expensive

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

my ap 1800 is doing the same thing flicks in and out of protect wicked fast almost sounds like an auto machine gun i still dont know whats wrong with it post a board shot of the close up of where the power and grounds are get a pic of the top and bottom i wana see if urs is just like mine cause i might know what the problem is

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Gut shot of the amp would really help diagnose if the problem is in the amp. Its good to see such helpful members on this thread

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

ima take a shot of mine maybe urs is doing the same thing im glad to see people help u i didnt get any help but ima post pics of mine and what i think is wrong with the board cause i think its the same thing thats happening to u ill also fix what i think is wrong and then let uk if it helped but my amp is indeed doing the same thing u are

here is my pic the left one is the pos and when i took the board apart the first time there was a very thin line of solder touching the left square to the other piece on farther left if that makes sence? in trying to clean it off i made it worse what do u guys think should those 2 things be touching?

2qx2ih4.jpg

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

just take us some pics bro, I am an installer and a shop, Im at work right now :). Get us the pics and im sure we can help. You can PM me anytime with questions. I have helped a few on this forum, its no big deal we all needed help at some point, dont be afrraid to ask :drinks:

Will do Just dont know how to post them on here..... :trippy:

2003 Impala LS

"Under Reconstruction"

ima take a shot of mine maybe urs is doing the same thing im glad to see people help u i didnt get any help but ima post pics of mine and what i think is wrong with the board cause i think its the same thing thats happening to u ill also fix what i think is wrong and then let uk if it helped but my amp is indeed doing the same thing u are

Preciate it Bro and Damn thats messed up both of our amps are doing the same things...Will be looking foward to the pics

2003 Impala LS

"Under Reconstruction"

Photobucket is a really good way of posting pics up here. Photo bucket gives you direct image links

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

any other suggestions as to whats causing this for both of our amps?

Archived