Sundown Audio

Having A Protect Problem

TheInfamousImpala

Is it still doing it to both of y'all?

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Have you called the amp manufacturer and ask them about the problem?

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

i emailed audiopipe and asked for a scematic but havnt gotten any reply yet i told them the age of my amp and explained what was going on but still nothing. could it possibly be that w.e triggers the amp to go into protect to save it from something could be bad. if that makes sence?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

If all your wires have no cuts in them to ground them out and if all your grounds are properly secured I'm starting to run out of ideas. Posted most of what I knew earlier in the post. I would assume that w.e. is causing the amp to go into protect prolly isn't really good. Protect is the amps way of telling you its sick or overheated or doesn't have enough current to stay alive.. I do believe. Was the picture posted earlier a gut shot of your amp Hifonics?

@hifonics: I do see that is your amp and I was tryin to make out all the details and right behind the outer terminals there looks to be two soldier holes which carry current throught the board to the other circuits. Are either one of those holes empty? Like do they have no soldier in them? Maybe a really clear pic of the outer termainals and the inside of the amp right behind the outer terminals?

*someone please correct me if I'm wrong.*

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

If all your wires have no cuts in them to ground them out and if all your grounds are properly secured I'm starting to run out of ideas. Posted most of what I knew earlier in the post. I would assume that w.e. is causing the amp to go into protect prolly isn't really good. Protect is the amps way of telling you its sick or overheated or doesn't have enough current to stay alive.. I do believe. Was the picture posted earlier a gut shot of your amp Hifonics?

@hifonics: I do see that is your amp and I was tryin to make out all the details and right behind the outer terminals there looks to be two soldier holes which carry current throught the board to the other circuits. Are either one of those holes empty? Like do they have no soldier in them? Maybe a really clear pic of the outer termainals and the inside of the amp right behind the outer terminals?

*someone please correct me if I'm wrong.*

yes some of them were empty but there full now but i have an update. my cousin brought over one of his pa power amps cause he wanted to see my sub at full power so i didnt think anything of it cause we would be running it just like a normal car amp sept off house electrical and my reciever has outputs for a subwoofer so it has preset filters. now when we tried to run rcas no dice there was very very very little sound running the rcas from my car stereo to this big amp im thinking that something with my rcas is what killed my ap cause ive had the same rca cables in my car from system one the ap would be the 3rd so i think these cables short out thus killing my rcas on my stereo wich i think killed my amp.

any opinions on that very very low rca voltage killing an amp?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

So you re soldiered the holes or filled them up? And rca's might have damaged it but if the soldier came out of the holes then I think that might have something do with a short maybe? Try replacing the rca's with a twisted or sheilded pair of rca's? I have been really happy with the quality of my memphis rca's

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

i need to replace the rcas but the outputs on my radio are shot to i think because of all this

You got a pic of the outputs on the HU?

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Archived