Sundown Audio

Having A Protect Problem

TheInfamousImpala

Never thought of that cause I have never heard/seen of it but good catch man. Something ill remember

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

u want like a guts pick of the HU or ? as far as the lead wires touching that wouldnt send our amps in and our of protect rapidly. cause they have a auto shut off in case of that

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

If you said the preouts were wore out are they worn out on the back of the HU or are you talkin about inside the HU? I wouldn't take my HU apart. Never heard of that being done. All though there could be a fuse on the back of the HU you could look at.

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

my hu took a shit my cousins amp has high ins so after the rcas didnt work we used that just to play around worked great then my something happend and my hu makes no sound even on fm at full volume theres no static. and the rcas arnt warn out on the hu there just very little signal well none now that it blew but before with my ap amp it was working fine so i think it had something to do with the rcas thats why the other guy on here should try and use another amp and see if his did the same thing

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

So your HU is pretty much gone? Might just want to invest in a good pair of sheilded/twisted rca's. Also you tried your cousins amp and the subs worked ok?

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

yes sir sub worked perfect/ i checked it with a dmm impedence is 2 ohms so no wires broke and touched ect im starting to think my problem is related to my orignal rcas and i think they shorted out and killed my radios output then in turn killed the amp cause the amp does this clicking back and forth in and out of protect when i have the amp hooked directly up to a battery on a charger ie not in the car so + of the bat - + of the amp and - of the bat to - on the amp and a wire running from the remote to the + now having no rcas or subs plugged in my amp still flicks rapidly back and forth between protect and not.

• 2 weeks later...

you ever find out what was wrong with your 1500 bro?

something i should add idk if itll help or not but when my amp blew the cord i was using from my ipod to my reciever. just a headphone to headphone cord was pinched so it was only playing the left side. is this something that could have causes anything to happen? would have only been sending a signal to the left side of the amp

Archived