Sounds like the filter is on the fritz or your fluid is low or gone completly. Without fluid even if its in gear not much is going to happen. Hope it works out for you without having to do any tranny work

As for the tps being bad, Does it idle rough and is it inconsistent all the time with the throttle also you might experience alot of backfires with a bad tps

Sounds like the filter is on the fritz or your fluid is low or gone completly. Without fluid even if its in gear not much is going to happen. Hope it works out for you without having to do any tranny work

As for the tps being bad, Does it idle rough and is it inconsistent all the time with the throttle also you might experience alot of backfires with a bad tps

Yea Fluid levels check out, Only seems to do it when its warm. Going to do this tomorrow and then see how it runs.

Also its been idles just a little weird, Not to bad tho. I just know that i have RPM spikes at cruising speed like i just stomped it and hit passing gear and then back but there would be no change in speed.

Does it kinda shit hard when it goes into 2nd??

Sounds like my brothers jeep a few months ago, and it turned out being a bad sensor in the actual trans.

Run it through a diagnostics scanner and google the codes it gives you.My brother did just that and ended saving like 700 that the transmission shop wanted to troubleshoot and fix the problem.

Sounds like you could use a tune up as well. Fuel filter, plugs, wires(only if they are the factory ones) oil, oil filter, fuel filter, tranny filter, air filter, Throw in a can of seafoam in the gas tank and a can of trans tune in the tranny after you fill it up with fresh fluid.

Sounds like my brothers jeep a few months ago, and it turned out being a bad sensor in the actual trans.

Run it through a diagnostics scanner and google the codes it gives you.My brother did just that and ended saving like 700 that the transmission shop wanted to troubleshoot and fix the problem.

Shift hard into first and then what i described. Been goggling the shit out of Faulty TPS symptoms and thats what im getting.

Engine not wanting to shift when i stomp on it and bogging the engine down, RPM spikes at cruising speeds. Ill have the codes pulled again tomorrow but the CEL light is not on and has only came on once sense we owned this truck and that issue has been fixed.

Also tell your brother if he is smart to sell his jeep, There money pits waiting to happen i swear. Mine has about 4k of my money and thats just in trying to bring it back to life trippy.gif

Sounds like you could use a tune up as well. Fuel filter, plugs, wires(only if they are the factory ones) oil, oil filter, fuel filter, tranny filter, air filter, Throw in a can of seafoam in the gas tank and a can of trans tune in the tranny after you fill it up with fresh fluid.

Its going to get all that soon. Im a car guy and a nut when it comes to scheduled maintenance.

Shift hard into first and then what i described. Been goggling the shit out of Faulty TPS symptoms and thats what im getting.

Engine not wanting to shift when i stomp on it and bogging the engine down, RPM spikes at cruising speeds. Ill have the codes pulled again tomorrow but the CEL light is not on and has only came on once sense we owned this truck and that issue has been fixed.

Also tell your brother if he is smart to sell his jeep, There money pits waiting to happen i swear. Mine has about 4k of my money and thats just in trying to bring it back to life trippy.gif

haha, I've been telling him to get rid of it for 4 years ever since he got it.lol

But yeah it really sounds like the issue my bro had with his jeep.

Do you have a scanner yourself, if not then where are you getting it scanned??

haha, I've been telling him to get rid of it for 4 years ever since he got it.lol

But yeah it really sounds like the issue my bro had with his jeep.

Do you have a scanner yourself, if not then where are you getting it scanned??

Any place around here that does it free, Autozone, Orielly, advanced... Just depends on whats closest to my buddys garage which i believe is autozone.

Let us know what codes you pull im curious on the tps or another thing i was thinking could be your cat but thats a long shot

Will do, From everything im reading it fits my symptoms dead on. Its a $30 part so i might as well. Its better then 500-1000 for a rebuild of my trans.

Archived