Ok editing my original post, I have almost completely cut out the fact that i have a trans issue. I took the s10 to autozone tonight to get the codes pulled and it came back a O2 sensor. The guy that pulled my codes has known me and has sold me all the parts for my last 3 vehicles. Works at a shop on his days off and said that more then likely it was a TPS or MAF

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you guys can help, My step dads 97 s10 (soon to be mine) is experiencing some problems. I will drive down the street fine but when i cruise i will notice that is will drop into passing gear and then back for no reason even tho i didnt get on the gas. Also noticed that the idle isa little off (truck does not have a tach) also some hard shifts

Let me clear this up, The truck shifts fine, NO slipping and goes into gear less the 1 second after i select it (yes i timed that shit) I have already replaced the fluid and said it looked red with a hint of brown. I was wrong because it was dark. That shit was bright red.

So does anyone have any experiences with this?

Is there a way to test it or do i just replace it?

Also my speedometer is acting weird to explain i took a video

th_VIDEO0002.jpg

Pull all the codes and check the fluid levels. I have heard that changing the trans fluid filter fixes alot of problems. Because if it is clogged then not enought fluid is getting through and providing enough pressure to shift correctly.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Pull all the codes and check the fluid levels. I have heard that changing the trans fluid filter fixes alot of problems. Because if it is clogged then not enought fluid is getting through and providing enough pressure to shift correctly.

Ill have to look into that

Just trying to get some general ideas of a few cheap things to try before i take it to a shop.

Just trying to get some general ideas of a few cheap things to try before i take it to a shop.

I know hwo you feel. I dropped the trans pan on my Ram a year or two ago to swap oil and filters. It was messier than all hell. But still cheaper than paying a shop. Check out some S10 forums and see if its a common problem that they know how to fix.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

I know hwo you feel. I dropped the trans pan on my Ram a year or two ago to swap oil and filters. It was messier than all hell. But still cheaper than paying a shop. Check out some S10 forums and see if its a common problem that they know how to fix.

Actually thats what im doing now lol

• 2 weeks later...

Well went to auto-zone today and picked this up

IMAG0042.jpg

Also it JUST accured to me that i quite possibly have a bad TPS

This video demonstrates exactly the same issue im having. Thank god for google.

Notice the spike in RPM's almost like its dropping into passing gear and then back down.

i have seen this problem a couple times in some friends whips. let us know if the filter and stop slip helps out..

WARNING: I speak 4 languages, profanity, English, sarcasm & real shit

2003 ford explorer

2 RF T1 D4 15s in a 6.8 cubic ft box

1 T1500.1bdcp

250amp ALT by Mike Singer

2 runs of 0 gauge

3 yellow tops

well with that video, it might have something to do with that person going 100+mph the whole time. LOL. but i have seen this problem a couple times in some friends whips. let us know if the filter and stop slip helps out..

Thats kilometers man....

hahaha gotcha man. its late, and i fail. :lol:

WARNING: I speak 4 languages, profanity, English, sarcasm & real shit

2003 ford explorer

2 RF T1 D4 15s in a 6.8 cubic ft box

1 T1500.1bdcp

250amp ALT by Mike Singer

2 runs of 0 gauge

3 yellow tops

hahaha gotcha man. its late, and i fail. :lol:

Its all good, I just knew that a transmission issue doesn't happen like this overnight. Thats why i started looking around. Either way im changing the fluid it wont hurt, Then picking up a TPS.

Archived