make sure you get the rubber plug deal out when u change the filter as well, last one i did it was very stubborn

Yea i got it out, The kit came with a new one.

i was going to say bring it to a shop and have them flush the tranny, cause that will get all the shit out of everything. at least your smart enought to know how to do it yourself and your smart enough to put a bottle of lucas in it. i need to do a tranny flush soon here too. im at 114500 miles in my s10... its gettn about that time

Yea man i take care of my stuff. Im going over to the s10 forums and signing up to see if them fine people have some input.

Word to the wise, if you ever drop that valve body down, be real careful. There are check balls in there and you DON'T want to lose them. My vote still goes with burnt ip clutch packs. They've lived up to their expected life cycle and have probably had it. The slight brown color was caused by heat, not breakdown.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Word to the wise, if you ever drop that valve body down, be real careful. There are check balls in there and you DON'T want to lose them. My vote still goes with burnt ip clutch packs. They've lived up to their expected life cycle and have probably had it. The slight brown color was caused by heat, not breakdown.

If it was burnt up clutch packs how much would i be looking at?

Full rebuild?

Had the codes pulled it a O2 sensor, Not causing my problem but thought i would post.

I also edited my original post to include better info.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i replaced the TPS the problem was still there, Today i reset my PCM and to my surprise the truck ran Pretty damn good! The gauges worked, Truck ran beautifully even did a mad dash with a civic and put that bitch to shame, Then i got stopped by public transit and after taking off from a dead stop it started up again.

Archived