DC Sound Lab

DC 12k Install Pics

I hear u on that I love my 14v batterys I gained so much on the swap especially when doing p&p in meca I use to drop to 11s now its high 13s :-) when I tested 2 9ks at .7 strapped in my hoe my drop wasn't as bad as I. Thought it would be those amps had me scared way to much power I could easily blow my xls with them and did rip the spider on one lol. Good job bro im tuned in for moar pics and vids.

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Why 14v? Can you safely run 12v stable amps at 16ish volts or do you just charge at like 15.4 or something.

I realize the 12k isn't stable at 18v, I just don't se why people do 16v systems over 18v if I'm not missing something secret.

Either way though, sexy amps are sexy. 2 9ks or not. :hmmm:

Higher voltage less amperage easier on alts and batterys lower voltage results in clipping if you try and get the same output. What I mean is I can start a song and play it really loud at idle after 15 20 seconds my voltage starts dropping and the amps will clip sooner resulting in stinky subs. Solution keep rpms up let alts do there job and I don't have voltage drop the amps are happy subs are happy I'm happy. This doesn't apply to average systems I think its more like 5k on up. Sorry to thread jack chode

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

I hear u on that I love my 14v batterys I gained so much on the swap especially when doing p&p in meca I use to drop to 11s now its high 13s :-) when I tested 2 9ks at .7 strapped in my hoe my drop wasn't as bad as I. Thought it would be those amps had me scared way to much power I could easily blow my xls with them and did rip the spider on one lol. Good job bro im tuned in for moar pics and vids.

yea my average score dropped because i would be in the 14s on a mean bass note sometimes high 13s but thats MUCH better than in the upper 11s-lower 12s

Why 14v? Can you safely run 12v stable amps at 16ish volts or do you just charge at like 15.4 or something.

I realize the 12k isn't stable at 18v, I just don't se why people do 16v systems over 18v if I'm not missing something secret.

yea but my 12v batteries do not like 15.8 volts which the 12k is rated to run. Rusty said the 12k can do 16.0v but in very short burst. 15.8 is what that amp likes so that amp doesnt even like a 16v system.

i want to get back to my 14v batteries and have run in the upper 15v area. i would have to charge the batts once a month to top them off and keep them fresh though as soon as i turn the truck on

updates will soon to be had once i sell the Yellow top thats in there, the Batcap 4ks and both of my SMDs.

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Sorry to thread jack as well, but a 14v battery charges at what, 17volts almost? I thought the 12k was only 12v stable. Where does it protect? How can you run a 12v amp that is only stable up to like 16ish volts at higher? And if it is stable on a 16v system, it's normally stable on an 18v system. So why go 16v if 18v costs very little more and is just that much better? I'm not bashing or anything just curious if I'm missing something. :P

i cant wait to get my new DC amps for my car im still deciding tho 2 9k or 25k or really see how hard i can run the subs and 2 12ks got 4 x 3000wrms subs 15 to push so probaly can handle them but they are pretty big

sexy tho reall nice work to clean and simple the way it should be car audio doesnt have to be complicated

Ren

AUSTRALIAN DC DISTRIBUTOR AND TEAM DC OZ MANAGER

th_dc-soundlab3.jpg

ren id grab the 9k on 16volts. the 12k seems like a beast but seems sensative lol like big strong girl. unless im missing something and not understanding how it handles power lol

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

yea my average score dropped because i would be in the 14s on a mean bass note sometimes high 13s but thats MUCH better than in the upper 11s-lower 12s

yea but my 12v batteries do not like 15.8 volts which the 12k is rated to run. Rusty said the 12k can do 16.0v but in very short burst. 15.8 is what that amp likes so that amp doesnt even like a 16v system.

i want to get back to my 14v batteries and have run in the upper 15v area. i would have to charge the batts once a month to top them off and keep them fresh though as soon as i turn the truck on

updates will soon to be had once i sell the Yellow top thats in there, the Batcap 4ks and both of my SMDs.

chode i wouldnt go with the 14v batts unless u can adjust the output on ur alt. idle voltage should be ~16.5v with the 14v batts... :peepwall:

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

Sorry to thread jack as well, but a 14v battery charges at what, 17volts almost? I thought the 12k was only 12v stable. Where does it protect? How can you run a 12v amp that is only stable up to like 16ish volts at higher? And if it is stable on a 16v system, it's normally stable on an 18v system. So why go 16v if 18v costs very little more and is just that much better? I'm not bashing or anything just curious if I'm missing something. :P

the 14v batts want to see 16.9. i plan on getting a charger that i charge them once a month to top them off. the 12k wants to see no more than 15.8 so ill run in that area. it wont hurt the batteries as long as i charge them at least once a month. my truck also wont handle above a 16 volts so that works out for me GREAT. the 12V system is just not working out for me that great

Got you on that chode. I didn't think you could really keep a battery charged that low and not at the least shorten it's life. Makes sense now, and I didn't know where it liked to be. :cheers:

at long as they get charged once a month according to Nathan they will be fine.

i cant wait to get my new DC amps for my car im still deciding tho 2 9k or 25k or really see how hard i can run the subs and 2 12ks got 4 x 3000wrms subs 15 to push so probaly can handle them but they are pretty big

sexy tho reall nice work to clean and simple the way it should be car audio doesnt have to be complicated

Ren

25k?

chode i wouldnt go with the 14v batts unless u can adjust the output on ur alt. idle voltage should be ~16.5v with the 14v batts... :peepwall:

read above posts

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!